219004 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hyder, Alaska (Air Miles)
Alaska
Hyder
Camp Run A Muck
2014-08-06 16:13:29
Hyder, Alaska

8   4   5   8   7   5   5
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
We had previously stayed here in 2011 and found it to be in a very rundown condition. When we returned this time, it was greatly improved. When speaking with the manager, she told me that for several years she had not been there due to health issues. Upon her return, she has been making significant improvements. It is still a rustic place, but so is the rest of Hyder. The location is fine for a quick drive to bear viewing and close enough to walk to most other sites in Hyder. I like the paperback book exchange which had a large selection. Although we did not use the laundry facility, I think it does need to be updated. I also do not like having to pay for showers. I would rather that be included in the price. Showers cost 3 loonies. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This camp is just like the town of Hyder, and that isn't saying much for it. The park advertises sites with sewer but there are none. It advertises US TV reception but they have no cable. We were able to get satellite reception. The young man in the office was only there about two hours on the day we stayed. After he left the power went out. I understand there are two things to do in Hyder: see the bears catching salmon in August and see the glacier about 8 miles out of town. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
This park sits at the end of the road into Hyder. The park is basically a dirt/gravel lot with pull-through sites and some back-ins in the trees. Sites are water/elect only and the nearest dump station is in Stewart B.C. When it rains, and it does a lot, the place is one big mud puddle. The road from the border through Hyder to the park was under repair and had the largest and most pot holes we have ever seen. It is the closest RV Park to the Bear viewing site. Would not stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Camp Run A Muck