Nearby Drumheller, Alberta (Air Miles)
Royal Tyrrell Museum Of
Alberta
Drumheller
Dinosaur Trail RV Resort
2014-08-30 02:36:49
Drumheller, Alberta

no  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  no
no  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  yes
Aside that it is a very expensive campground, the washrooms and laundry areas are in rough shape. Very run down and dirty every time I went to use them. Fire pits are a joke. They are constructed out of a metal washing machine tub mounted on a lawn mower. All this for an additional $10 rental fee. Main park area is treed and quite nice but the area for longer term campers is on a dirt and gravel site with bare minimal trees. It rained while I was there and that site was just a big soup hole. My review though is based more on the human factor. The staff are friendly and helpful with the exception of an older "gentleman" who maybe needs to retire. He is rude, abrupt and condescending. Instead of asking to see my receipt of proof of payment, he accused me sarcastically of not paying. He rides around the campground on a golf cart leading customers to their sites and then proceeds gruffly in saying something rude or offensive.They took my money no problem and then he immediately made me feel very unwelcome. I stayed here on a long weekend and would never stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We spent 2 nights at this campground and I was appalled that you had to pay an extra $10 for a fire pit even if you have your own firewood. Power was disconnected in the shower house for a day with no notice even though they knew it was going to happen. Sites are so close together that, with my slide out, I was touching the camper next to me. The campground is the most expensive I have ever stayed in. Traffic is loud but at least it's easy to get to. Would not recommend this campground unless you are only going there to see Drumheller and not stay at the campground very long. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Fairly neat grounds and well-spaced sites barely make up for it being at the intersection of two busy highways. The noise drones on all day long. A mountain of used tires is the view in one direction. Half the showers were inoperative, as well as some of the $4 washers. We reserved a power/water site, but were put in a fully serviced one and charged the extra. Some trees make for shade in some sites. Pads are gravel and there is a little grass. The park's four hour tour of the highlights of the area was interesting and contained lots of local history for $25. If the microphone and air conditioning on the bus worked, it would have been better. It's a long walk to town. Wi-Fi is obtained by buying a $1/day voucher good for one device. It expires at checkout time. It's slow and frustrating, but actually reaches the sites. We would probably stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Dinosaur RV Park

yes (River)
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
We stayed here for the first time about 4 years ago - hated it! But we forgot we'd stayed here (lots of traveling in between... the memory goes!), and booked again. Frankly, I'm glad we did. The upgrades are many - neater sites, the lawns are cut, less arbitrary dirt areas. We're a 40' motorhome with a roof-mounted satellite, so we wanted to be sure there were no trees in the way. We opted for a "tree-free" site, although we were given the option of a back-in with trees. We had lots of space around us, as we were on our own without anyone on either side and a gully to the back of us. We had 50 amp power, water, sewer - although it's a little confusing. Many parks in Drumheller don't seem to have sewer at the individual sites, but this park does. The staff was friendly, the park was neat and clean, and the ground squirrels (if you have a terrier!) are plentiful. If I have any complaints at all, it would have to be the mosquitoes. Make sure you have Off! in abundance, and we found having the Off! lantern on our patio worked well. It actually meant we could sit outside after 6 PM! I'd stay here again. It's a little further out of town than some parks (10 km), but we liked the quiet. And a 10 km drive is nothing. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This place is okay and is considered the best place to stay in the Drumheller area. The park is a bit out of Drumheller, but is close to the Tyrell museum. They have sites both in the trees and out in the open. Larger rigs will be stuck in the open. Sites are a good size but quite packed in and privacy is nonexistent. Staff is friendly and quite helpful. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Overpriced and busy! We stayed in a back in 15 amp site. Very close sites together. Showers are not included in the camping fee. 1.00 for 5 minutes. Pool was nice for the kids, and it was warm. Looked like they had some activities for kids, but ours didn't take any activities in. Also very limited cell service. It's OK for an overnight stop, but I don't think we would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Dinosaur Trail RV Resort

3   8   6   7
yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question
Campsites are very small and layout of the campground is not ideal. They had trouble accommodating us in our 35 foot motorhome due to the size of the sites. We were cramped into a site where we almost walked right out into the fire pit. Showers were $1.00 for 5 min, firewood was $10. Not recommended for anything longer than a night or 2. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Great home base to explore the badlands from. Sites are well treed since it is along the river bank. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2012
Hi, This is an old campground and as of this year is under new ownership. The Wi-Fi seemed to work well and the 30 amp power was extremely stable. There are a very few pull through sites. The gates are closed at 9 p.m. and re open at 6 a.m., but they are on rollers so folks can leave earlier than that if need be. I quite enjoyed the smell from neighboring campfires. It appears that campgrounds in Drumheller are about $10.00 more than the "going rate" in other towns nearby. I would stay here again--but will also try a different campground on my next visit. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for River Grove Campground and Cabins