219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Rosedale, Alberta (Air Miles)
Royal Tyrrell Museum Of

yes (River)
9   8   6   5   1   6
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
Every area has its little gem of a campground somewhere and for us this is the one in the Drumheller area. The campground is very well maintained. It is obvious the couple who runs it takes pride in this place. They are very matter the fact in the way they run things but they are in no way rude or unkind. The noise rules are strict but one of the reasons we loved this place too much is because it was quiet. After almost 5 days in another RV park where we could hardly sleep at times due to noise we could truly appreciate that rule. The trip into Drumheller was minutes. It is only 6km, I think about 20 km to the Tyrell Museum. The playground area is nice, equipment was well maintained. As with almost every RV/campground we have been to we skip the full package sites and just go with power and water or just power. The sites are 9 times out of 10 nicer. They have a dumping station right as you leave so it is easy and quick to dump as you go. Showers $1 for 5 minutes. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Great little campground. I asked for a private spot and got a very nice spot. Managers were really nice. Bathrooms and showers were spotless. Area was nicely lit at night so you can see where you're going. Playground was great for the kids. Really quiet area and overall a great experience and I would camp there again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
July 2010
Didn't actually stay but thought I needed to add my 2 cents. I reserved a full service site over the phone. The lady who answered was pleasant enough and made certain I was aware of the restrictive sound rules and the cancellation policy, which was on par with any other I have seen. I had no problem with the registration process. When we arrived we were disappointed by the location of the full service sites. Well treed but one trailer on our door side was completely open and right at the entrance and near the showers/washrooms. Being close to the washrooms is nice but not when you're in the path to them. We parked and thought about it and decided to move on instead. I went in to the office and asked what our options were. The lady quite simply stated that I could have a full refund. There was nothing rude or offensive, just very matter of fact. I appreciated this since it was Friday afternoon of a long weekend. For future reference I know to ask for no service or electric only since those sites appeared more private. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Kokopelli Campground & RV Park

July 2010
Quiet, well treed and well spaced. Friendly owners. They sell ice, firewood, and a few ice cream treats at the registration office. There is a small sandy beach on the river. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012

yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question
August 2012
Nice large back in sites, and easy to maneuver around the park. This park is very family and pet friendly. The west section is seasonals but their sites are very well kept up. Overpriced, but after all this is Drumheller. There is a short trail to what they call a "beach" but in reality it is a muddy bank down into the water. However, it is easy to wade out to a gravel bar for a dip on a hot day. Bring bug spray though! Wi-Fi worked most of the time. This is the one we would chose if we returned to Drumheller. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
Huge back in sites, clean and well kept grounds. Little shade available and the mozzies are thick. Lack of sewer was no big deal for us with only 3 nights here and all day time away touring but it could be a big deal for others. They do have a honey truck they'll come suck out the tanks for a fee. Showers are group style with open changing room. The park isn't very handicap friendly. No shower for a person with spouse that needs assistance. Internet access is fast and free (from site 105 at least). It's close to town and attractions and the price is good so I'd probably stay again if coming back to this area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
This is the nicest CG in the Drumheller area. All are very overpriced. This CG is actually a very nice place. Decent sites. Friendly staff. Large enough for our 4 slide 42 ft. and the toad. But the lack of 50 amps and no sewer was a serious drawback considering the high rates. Some of the 30 amp sites must have small wires as they are not a true 30 amp. BTW: The Royal Museum is fantastic but the Hoodoos are a big disappointment. Very small and wearing away. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for The Hoodoo RV Resort & Campground