Nearby Picacho, Arizona (Air Miles)
Picacho Cg
Flying J
Super 8 Motel
T/A
High Chaparral Rv 25% Discount
Love'S
Arizona
Picacho
Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park)
2014-07-16 16:06:50
Picacho, Arizona

question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question
We had a nice shady spot. Lots of trees. Friendly Staff. Level sites. Price was with KOA Card discount We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate includes KOA discount. Some shaded sites, interesting cactus plantings, restaurant on site. There's a horse pasture on one side and cattle grazing on another side which means that there are some flies. Very close to the freeway with constant noise and a train somewhere nearby. Very dog friendly and good OTA television reception, but is not open during the summer. Might stay here again if I needed the shade. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Spacious sites with fire pits and picnic tables. We had a nice pull through. Nice fenced dog run. Nothing is paved and it can be dusty. Some of the sites are shaded although ours was not. Noise from the adjacent Interstate and train tracks but we didn't find it obtrusive. Utilities are good. We had a problem with a weak breaker when we arrived but it was fixed within 15 minutes after we reported it. There is a restaurant/steak house on site with excellent steak! The night we were there an Elvis impersonator put on a 2 hour outdoor dinner show and we had a ball along with a great dinner. We would certainly stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Picacho / Tucson NW KOA

question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
Very nice park. Long pull through. We only slept there for one night but I would go again. No one was there, it was very quiet with a few people who live in homes or RV. I believe it is a place that most people go in the Winter to escape snow. What was strange is the office hours this time of year are 9-1. I could not get anyone on the phone and when I got there I had to fill out an envelope and provide my information like credit card, etc. I hate doing this, but there was no other way to stay. Thank goodness they had a security guard that was off duty that helped me. Otherwise I would have had no idea how to do this. Never stayed at a place where they did not have someone to check me in. We camped here in a Motorhome.
First Class spot, except they charge for overnight WiFi. Fenced dog run, large laundry, nice pool area, Extra large sites(new) but rock still needs to be packed down. Fuel and food (Subway and DQ) at highway exit. Most RV Parks have free WiFi so this park needs to get with the program. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stay again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Convenient to freeway. Easy to maneuver a big rig. Super-size sites are level, spacious and have a patio with picnic table and privacy fence. Showers are clean and plenty of hot water. Laundry room looks really nice. Staff is very nice and helpful. The location is stunning, right at the base of PIcacho Peak. Just outside the park is plenty of room to take the dog for a walk. There is a charge for Wi-Fi but we were at the end of the row and got the free Wi-Fi from the truck stop. It worked fine. We have stayed here before and would stay again. A great park. Price reflects Escapees and off-season discounts. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park)

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
Huge sites, very peaceful state park. Camping fee includes $7 entry fee. We stayed two nights in a travel trailer to hike Picacho Peak. We filled out tanks with potable water near the dump station. There is a fee to dump tanks (for non-campers), but we didn't use it. Nice park for a short visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2014
This is a great place to stay for a few days. The park has 50 amp electric at each site, potable water, and holding tank dump at the campground entrance. The showers and restroom were very clean and well maintained. We like to hike and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Picacho Peak. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
Nice state park, but the location was a little noisy with I-10 constant noise and the train that parallels the freeway. Good space between sites, lots of hiking trails within the park. Verizon MiFi worked well. Park Wi-Fi was available for $$ so we didn't use it. We were surprised that the sites has 20/30/50 amp hookup but no water. We didn't realize that until after we were leveled and unhooked so we had to haul water. Nice stopover between Phoenix and Tucson and a chance to be away from the big city locations. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Picacho Peak State Park