206628 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Picacho, Arizona (Air Miles)
Picacho Cg
2014-04-14 15:31:56
Picacho, Arizona

question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes
Rate includes KOA discount. Some shaded sites, interesting cactus plantings, restaurant on site. There's a horse pasture on one side and cattle grazing on another side which means that there are some flies. Very close to the freeway with constant noise and a train somewhere nearby. Very dog friendly and good OTA television reception, but is not open during the summer. Might stay here again if I needed the shade. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Spacious sites with fire pits and picnic tables. We had a nice pull through. Nice fenced dog run. Nothing is paved and it can be dusty. Some of the sites are shaded although ours was not. Noise from the adjacent Interstate and train tracks but we didn't find it obtrusive. Utilities are good. We had a problem with a weak breaker when we arrived but it was fixed within 15 minutes after we reported it. There is a restaurant/steak house on site with excellent steak! The night we were there an Elvis impersonator put on a 2 hour outdoor dinner show and we had a ball along with a great dinner. We would certainly stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
We stayed here on a Friday in mid-October. All sites are pull-through with some 50 AMP, some 30 AMP: some FHU, some W&E; and some tent sites. We had a FHU, 30 AMP pull-through. Our site was satellite friendly but not all are. I agree with two reviewers from earlier this years who raved about the landscaping at this park. I also agree that this is a good option for those who don't want to overnight in the typical park in this area that has hundreds of sites. There is a small pool and playground. I think the dog camp is bigger than the playground. My biggest problem was the lack of Wi-Fi at the RV sites. There was a small (6'W by 3'D), half shelter behind the office labeled as a Wi-Fi "Hot Spot". It had just 2 shelves for computers and 2 chairs. This is a fairly small park and it would only take one or two antennas/routers to cover the entire park. I thought the nightly cost was high for a park without cable and poor Wi-Fi service. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Picacho / Tucson NW KOA
March 2014

yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
March 2014
I would rate this park higher except for the wind and the highway noise, both of which they have no control over. The people were friendly, the view is outstanding. There are lots of activities. We stayed 2 nights and the second morning there was an awful smell from the sewage treatment area. I would stay again We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Access to the sites we were placed in was awkward. The hookups are placed at the entrance of each site rather than the middle, so that when we placed our 5er out of the roadway, our sewer hose was not long enough to reach, so we ended up not connecting anything but the power. But the park was clean and staff friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
Rate reflects Good Sam rate for one night. Easy off and on I-10, some highway and train noise but it didn't keep me up all night. Hot tub could have been a little warmer for my taste but was nice to relax in, we were the only ones using it. In my opinion, the sites would be more user friendly had they been angled instead of straight for the pull thrus. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park)

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
February 2014
This is a great place to stay for a few days. The park has 50 amp electric at each site, potable water, and holding tank dump at the campground entrance. The showers and restroom were very clean and well maintained. We like to hike and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Picacho Peak. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
Nice state park, but the location was a little noisy with I-10 constant noise and the train that parallels the freeway. Good space between sites, lots of hiking trails within the park. Verizon MiFi worked well. Park Wi-Fi was available for $$ so we didn't use it. We were surprised that the sites has 20/30/50 amp hookup but no water. We didn't realize that until after we were leveled and unhooked so we had to haul water. Nice stopover between Phoenix and Tucson and a chance to be away from the big city locations. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2013
Nightly fee was $25, plus a $5 online reservation fee. Park has easy access. Interior roads were dirt/gravel. There were no trees. The park has many hiking/pet walking trails. There is good spacing between sites. Verizon 4G service was good. There was a centrally located dumpster for trash, but there were no trash cans located in the camping areas. We stayed 3 nights and will return if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Picacho Peak State Park