Nearby Safford, Arizona (Air Miles)
Casa Manana
2014-09-24 17:08:07
Safford, Arizona
October 2008

October 2008
Simply a place to park and hook-up. There are no amenities at this fairground. All sites are back-in, side-by-side. No trees, pads, tables, etc. All sites are dirt backing up to horse racing track. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013

7   8   8   10   2   8   3
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
April 2013
This was a good park for an overnight or a day or two, but it's primarily a mobile home park, not an RV park. They have a few sites that can handle big rigs, but it was a very tight squeeze for our 43-ft MH. Park was clean and all hookups were fine. It's very conveniently located in the town of Safford, but signage for the park entry is easy to miss. Slow down as you approach and be prepared for a narrow entry. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Great location, wonderful enclosed dog area, Very friendly people. The Wi-Fi is only available at the office/clubhouse, but it's a nice facility. Didn't connect the cable as we have a sat dish. Laundry room clean. No pool or hot tub. The only down side are the back-in spots, which are rather narrow to slide into. But once in, the spots are nice and set up so that the patio is in between our trailer and the truck. Walking distance to Walmart and restaurants. Rate is Good Sam. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2012
Nice park, with friendly folks all around us. Many seasonal units and park models, which means not too many spaces available for overnighters and short-term visitors. The cost reflects our monthly rate. The managers for the past four years have just retired, but the friendly owner lives on site and is currently training the new manager. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lexington Pines Mobile Home & RV Park (55+)

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
No sewer hookups at the sites, but we were intentionally close to the shower building. The showers were clean and free when we needed them. Our site had plenty of room for our slides, though we could not fully extend our awning. I am not sure if I could have gotten into the back in site if there had been someone in the spot directly across the lane from us. Thankfully there was no one there. In fact, the Sunday evening we arrived the place was virtually empty. The rangers and other folks working the park were friendly. We stayed a week and many campers stayed a night or two and left. The park is very clean and well kept. The day use area and lake had some people using them everyday, but it was not what I would call busy. We like it here and would return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2014
Nice park. Good separation between sites. Interesting walking paths and nicely landscaped and maintained. Like other Arizona state parks we have visited, this is a great place to stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
Stayed here one night. I paid and went to my assigned site. It had no trees, no view and was right next to the few RVs there. I drove through the loop and found 3 sites that were much better. I went back and asked for a change. The lady seemed surprised but gave me my first choice, an easy pull through with a view and privacy. I was bemused to see that a half hour later, she gave someone the site I had rejected. Wouldn't it be good customer service to know the sites and hand out the nicer ones first? Then I went to try the hot mineral pool, which was the reason I stayed here. It was occupied by a large family. There is a sign that says 15 minute limit, so I went to the dog park across the way and timed 20 minutes- they were still there. At 35 minutes, I walked over and asked if there was room for one more. Then they all got out, loaded in a car and left. OK, the much vaunted hot spring was all mine. Except it is not very hot. On further reading about this park,I saw that it is 98 degrees. So I'm sitting there in body temperature water, trying to figure out how this pool is self cleaning, as the water level was about a foot under the outflow. All those people? I start to notice a distinct odor of kerosene. I sniffed around and find it is coming from the inflow, which is a rather grubby looking PVC pipe. The inside of the pipe is black and green. I decided I would try this pool first thing in the morning instead. Next morning at 730, I eagerly went to the pool. Water was nice and clear and felt warmer, since it was early in the day. Ahhhh, except-- there was that smell again. There is definitely a kerosene odor in the pipe. I left well before my 15 minutes... I used the dump station, but I won't go back here. There are much nicer hot springs in Safford. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Roper Lake State Park

no  yes
no  yes
This park had a lot of shade but the it is an older park and could use some updating. There were to many rundown trailers, which made the place seem to lose its curb appeal. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2013
The mobile home portion part of the park is for 55+. The RV spaces are available to travelers or workers. I stayed here for 6 months while I worked at the copper mine in Morenci. They have about 15 spaces +/- available. The park is older, with small sites and aging concrete pads but is quiet, safe, and well kept. The husband and wife managers are great people. Bathroom and laundry facilities are clean, heated pool and spa available to tenants also. Overall I was pleased with the park. I looked at all the other parks in the area and I was glad I stayed here. I would definitely stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

10   9   2   1   9   1   2   9
yes  yes  no  question  yes  no  question  yes
yes  yes  no  question  yes  no  question  yes
This park was well taken care of. Restrooms were clean. It was nice to have access to a full kitchen to cook in. The club house was quiet and a great place to relax. We plan to stay here again during the winter months. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This park was clean and neat. The accommodations met our needs. The place was quiet and not too far from town, which made my shopping needs easy. The pool and spa were very nice and the mountain view was just beautiful. I would recommend this park above all in the area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2012
We stayed here for one week. Sites are big but sewer connection is at back of site so would have to buy extra hose to make it work. Lots of permanent people living in this park who used abs pipe to make sewer connections. Lots of old beat up units staying here full time. Washrooms were filthy, laundry was filthy, pool table was filthy as well as needing cushions replaced. The furniture around pool was in disrepair. Picnic tables were covered with last persons drinks. Pool and hot tub had lots of dirt accumulated in bottom. Inflated electric bill as we paid 38.00 for one week; just left campsite in Deming where we paid 13.00 for one week and used 10 more KWH. We will not be staying here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Safford RV Resort

5   3   4   8   9   9
no  yes  question  question  yes  yes
no  question  question  question  question  yes
This park had small lots with too many weeds. There was not much for shade and the pool area was to small for my liking. There was also too much trash around the park. The park did, however, have a nice walking area around a pond. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2013
This is a mobile home park with a few RV spots. Not level and very tight. To check in you have to find the manager. . It took us well over an hour in the hot weather to finely get into our spot. Cash or check only. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2012
This is a mobile home park with and RV section filled with mostly permanents. A place to stay for a couple of nights. Nice walking area around a lake in the middle. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Sunrise Village RV & Mobile Home Resort