220396 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Springerville, Arizona (Air Miles)
Sunrise Park Resort
Arizona
Springerville
Casa Malpais Campground and RV Park
2014-07-13 02:50:07
Springerville, Arizona

July 2012
Beautiful, clean park in Apache Sitgreaves National Forest adjacent to Big Lake. Overlooks a meadow and is surrounded by Ponderous pine, fir, and aspen. Many hiking trails and fishing. I paid the senior rate. Campground hosts friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

8   6   3   3
yes  question  no  question
yes  question  no  question
This price reflects GS discount. We gave this property rating because of the new managers as much as the amenities. Great service, no grass, a few picnic tables, level gravel sites, some weeds, dated fixtures, some shade, good water, tv, and wi-fi. Clean restrooms and showers, clean laundry facilities; not a resort, but a comfortable, safe place to stay. Can't over state the conscientious, friendly, helpful service. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Lots of tall shade trees. Level sites. No one in office when we stopped to inquire about availability later in summer. Many electrical posts leaning over. Dining hall for potlucks. Pool table and recliners in hall. Would have rated slightly higher if someone would have been available. Grounds could use some work. Might stay a few nights if I can reach manager on phone. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2009
We would not have stayed here, but a reviewer mentioned the Wi-Fi which is not mentioned in the guides. I have passed by this park many times in the past. It appears to be a KOA of many years past. Park models and permanents dominate. There may be 5 or more sites for overnighters, but that is hard to determine due to the layout. We are the only transient here this evening. The site the lady led us to was hard to recognize due to the weed growth. There was a huge (old) cottonwood tree that prevented me from getting close to the utilities. I suggested I come in from the other direction, but the lady said I would be taking up 2 sites. Her indifference was notable. The layout of the utilities is not modern and somewhat strange. After avoiding the tree, the power box is near the driver’s location, the water more forward, with the cable and sewer near the rear end of my 29 foot RV. The showers are very dated with mold and deteriorating walls. There was hot water, and mats on the floors. It took me some time to get connected with the Wi-Fi; I had to disable my AVG and Zone Alarm to connect. Once connected these aids were restarted. The access code I was given didn’t seem to help. Nor did the lady in the office who doesn’t use the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi works well. We paid $22.49 to camp here in our motor home. It is quiet. There was a 9 hole golf course in nearby Eager, but it is now closed. If I didn’t use Wi-Fi I would stay elsewhere. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Casa Malpais Campground and RV Park
September 2012

2   9   9   9
question  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  question
September 2012
We have been FULL TIMERS for over 20 years and this was the only time we gave a deposit ($100) sight unseen for an RV space. Don't know what the other reviewers were looking at but we've been in a few RV parks over the years and my wife took one look and said 'NO WAY' ! Come to think of it: just who are those other reviewers?? Some residents stored belongings in front yard, boxes and all. Entire property was unlevel let alone the spaces! Lots of old vehicles and small bicycles scattered around. I've seen neater junk yards. Of course owner was 'not available' to discuss situation. We travel with 2 pets and after a long day we had to find a park, so we moved down the road and a later conversation with the owner about our deposit proved to be as fruitful as the park itself. He no doubt considered $100 a windfall. My advice: stay away from this place and never, never make a deposit sight unseen, regardless of how 'nice' the owner is on the phone or what the website 'looks like.' We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
Nice clean park in town. Friendly help. We liked that we could walk to restaurants and store. Old time feel to the town. Passing through on way to CA., will definitely stay on return. Only 9 because they need more gravel. Owner gives a AARP discount if you call him. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
Nice little park in the middle of town. Very nice, helpful and informative manager. Real good Verizon coverage. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Cedar Court RV Park