Nearby Mountainburg, Arkansas (Air Miles)
Conoco Truck Stop
Wal-Marti-40:13 200 Hwy 64 W (Located To Street)
Arkansas
Mountainburg
Lake Fort Smith State Park
2014-06-08 00:38:09
Mountainburg, Arkansas

question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
Great state park. The only reason I gave it a 9 is there is no WiFi or cell service at the park. Otherwise one of the nicest state parks I have ever stayed at. Also, not much TV, but a clean modern campground. Better than most commercial parks. We stayed in a 35 foot rig with slides and a toad. Had plenty of room! Highly recommend. Would stay again in a heartbeat. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
This is a lovely park. The sites are nicely spaced and utilize the natural environment. They mark every site with a clear sign reserved or available. The staff was very helpful on the phone. Facilities appear to be new. Leaves were beautiful this time of year. It was very quiet. Suggest getting there before dark as the drive up the mountain requires focus. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a new very nice state park with large sites, tons of grass and trees, and new roads. The pool and visitor center is top notch. Unfortunately, the humidity while we were there made being outside difficult. Finally a rain storm came through making the weather a bit more bearable. The negative on the RV sites was the pathetically low water pressure. For being a newly built park, there is no excuse for that. We rented a pontoon boat one day and went out on the lake. We rented an 18' pontoon for about $168 for four hours. We easily toured the whole lake twice in 2 and a half. There is no water contact permitted on the lake, so swimming is prohibited. The lake is open to fishing. They have full day rentals, but I am glad that I didn't waste the money. There is not a lot to see on the lake as the trees are thick, and the the surrounding terrain slopes up from the lake. This wasn't a bad park, but I would probably stay somewhere else if I was in the area again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lake Fort Smith State Park