Nearby Pocahontas, Arkansas (Air Miles)
1415 Hwy 67 S
Pocahontas, Arkansas

10   9   9
yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes
My wife found this park and was interested in the Old Davidsonville town site location. Since it was on our way to a rally, I called to make reservations and felt that the person I talked to was excited that I wanted to stay here. This park is a pure gem! The park is well kept, sites very level, lots of trees (I don't care about satellite reception). Of the twenty four RV sites, the first night there were only three campers, last night only us. The park is in the northwest corner of Arkansas, so I guess its mostly locals that use it, but it works for us. There is a nice small lake, level hiking trails, river access, and of course, the site of Old Davidsonville. Garbage bins are handy, picnic tables and grills at each site, and a porch swing donated by a local Good Sam chapter in 1992 sitting in the middle of the camping loop. Downside - there is only 1 50A space (we have it), but power is clean and consistent. Water has good pressure. I would stay here again, if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
We have never been to an Arkansas state park campground that we did not like! This one was no exception. The shower house was nicer and cleaner than many of the pricier, private campgrounds at which we have stayed. The campground road is smooth and paved, very suitable for walking or riding your bike. The campground staff was very friendly and helpful. This is not a "fancy" campground, but if you like camping and the state park experience, this is the place for you. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
Another Arkansas gem at an unbeatable rate. Nice sites, level, quiet, and shady. Well cared for restroom facilities. Friendly staff at check-in. Lots of history in the area including the Old Davidsonville town site for which the park is named. I've yet been disappointed with an Arkansas State Park. We camped here in a Motorhome.