206876 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Pink Mountain, British Columbia (Air Miles)
Nothing Nearby

2   1   8   9   1
yes  no  yes  yes  question
yes  no  yes  yes  question
July 2011
Price was $24 in Canadian funds for 15amp (??) electric. This is a place to stay away from!! We had planned on staying at a different campground (Sasquatch Crossing), but were turned away as we were told that the campground services had not been “turned on” yet. This place is the pits! This “park” (and I use the term extremely loosely) houses mostly construction workers, along with a number of dilapidated old mobile homes. Our electrical service was barely adequate to microwave our TV dinners…only 106 volts! At 6:16 AM, the power went off until an emergency generator could be put into service. Fairly clean pay showers, cost 1 “Looney” or more. Water quality was not very good. A sign in the laundry cautioned not to wash whites with hot water due to the minerals in the water. The Wi-Fi advertised is nonexistent. When we checked in, we were told it hasn’t worked in the past month. We would not stay here again unless it was an emergency! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2009
The absolute WORST place we stayed the whole 30 days we were on the road! Pull through sites were more than tight, muddy and the water we had hooked up to had an AWFUL smell. The water also stained our towels and toilet with what my husband says is iron, but it smelled like a sewer smell. Needless to say we unhooked our water line but were still left with the stains on our toilet (YUCK). After check in (people were very nice) we drove to our "pull through" just to be greeted by a plywood building that has a sign that reads, "All meat left in here must be skinned and quartered!!" Dear Lord!! The place is a bit scary. The only thing that kept me from leaving was the nice people camping beside us. All in all next trip, we will plan to drive much further and not stop here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2009
We stayed here after driving through a horrible snow and wind storm. They weren't officially open but cheerfully provided us with a site. They only had 15 AMP power but we were totally happy. We even ran out of propane that freezing night. Fortunately they had propane service. We were so happy to have landed safely that we stayed 2 nights. The people we met there were great and very accommodating. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Pink Mountain Campsite

yes (River)
yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  no  no  question  yes
question  question  question  question  yes  question  no  no  question  yes
$30 for a poorly maintained, very muddy, 20A electric and water only pull-thru. Office, fence, grass, and playground look great from the road, but looks are about it. Best sites filled with long-term RVs and there is constant truck noise all night because the entire region is in the midst of a shale-gas drilling boom. Stayed here the night after being here in another nice CG and the contrast couldn't have been greater. Would not stay here again or recommend. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2013
Campground runs on generator so electricity is not one of their strong points. Location is. Rate shown is for electric only site. We camped right next to the river. Lovely couple owns the campground. Would not even consider driving into the Pink Mountain Campsite, looked very rough from the road. Sikanni is only another 20 miles or so north on the Alaska Hwy. WiFi is available but only on the front porch at the office/store. Our second visit and would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
The first impression was a lack of cleanliness. Some sites it turns out are better than others and our site unfortunately had a 15 amp service and no view. The circuit breaker tripped as soon as the microwave was turned on. I went to the office to ask for the location of the breaker panel and was directed to a box in the trees behind site #5. I reset the breaker which was very loose and tried another appliance in the 5th wheel. The breaker tripped again. Tired and wet and with no help around I ran a power cord extension to an adjacent site that had a 20 amp service rather than the15 amp on my site which was #14. That worked fine. The manager finally came by to tell me he reset the 15 amp breaker and when I informed him it had tripped a second time and I had connected to a nearby empty site he did not look pleased and simply went off. Shortly after I went to pay the overnight fee and had my dogs with me on leashes. I got a tongue lashing for not having obeyed the "no dogs in front of the store" sign which I had not seen as it faced the highway and not the camping area. I found management very unfriendly and not particularly helpful. Add to that a dirty campsite with a distinct septic tank odor where we were leads me to not recommend a stay in the future. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Sikanni River Campground & RV Park