219848 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Salmon Arm, British Columbia (Air Miles)
Sandy Point Beach
Salmon Arm, British Columbia

1   6   1   1
no  no  no  yes
no  no  no  yes
I would not recommend this campground to anyone for any reason. Dusty, dirty and unkept are 3 things that come to mind. The bathrooms and showers were not the worst I've seen, but certainly could be better. There is nothing done to groom the sites. Ours was partially grassy, partially dirt. The beach appears to never have been raked or cleaned up. Really, a little bit of maintenance could make this a lovely campground on one of our favorite lakes in the world. There are trains all night long, but we knew that before going in, so I am not complaining about that. The beach sites we were told could easily fit 2 tents and 2 vehicles (for $65 a night), barely fit 1 tent and vehicle. The campers are squished in like sardines throughout. This we could have accepted if there was any kind of pride of ownership here. On the way out, the sanitation dump is on the wrong side of the road and you either have to turn around or have a very long hose. Sorry, Pierre's Point, you do not have my recommendation. Very sad misuse of your beautiful land. We camped here in a Tent.
September 2010
Camped here in September, so not many kids around, which is good. Nice view of the lake, lots of bird life. The trains run close by but they didn't bother me, people were nice that worked here. Yes I will return again. It's one of the few left that hasn`t sold out to developers and start to ask unbelievable $$$$$ just for a little lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2007
The worst park I have ever stayed at. It is absolutely filthy. They rake the old fire ashes into the dirt that makes up each campsite area. My trailer was absolutely filthy after a week here. Bathrooms do not have any soap or paper for hygiene here. As previous entry says trains every 11 minutes. WiFi very poor and the only way to get a signal is to go to the store and restaurant. Do not stay here. Go to another site and not Sandy shores as same thing. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Pierre's Point Campground

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
This park almost deserves a higher rating but for it not having concrete pads and it's small size. It is tight negotiating the entrance and spotting your rig on your camping site. Otherwise I would have given it a better rating. The owners live on site and are very friendly and helpful as are all the other camping guests. It seems as if everyone that was staying there comes there quite often. The park advertises 2 pull-through sites but you would have to have a rig less than 30' to be able to park on the same site. Very clean and well maintained and would def stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here one night and that would be the maximum number of days we would stay. The bathrooms were clean but very dated and old. The site was packed dirt, no gravel and not leveled. We had a pull-through site which was better as the back-in sites looked quite tight. Lots of road noise from the highway but that's what you get when you are just off the highway. The location of the sewer and electrical connections were a bit far apart. Wi-Fi was nice and strong and the staff was very nice. I would only come back if I needed a short stop over. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Sites are nice but, the nicest ones are taken by permanent residents which is a shame. The sites available for travelers have no grass and are a little sandy/dusty, but are sheltered from the wind so it was not an issue. Sites are tight and tough to get into. I was lucky the site across was open so I could pull in to back up. I am not sure I would have made it otherwise. When we booked i was assured parking was easy. When we got here the story changed a little. The pool and games room are kept nice and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. The site is next to a heritage museum which is beautiful. We went to the dinner theater. It was amateur theater, but it was very good. We would camp here again if I was sure I could get in the site. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Salmon Arm RV Resort

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
VERY tight! Nice personnel, clean and very accommodating, but very tight if you are a big rig. We are 45 ft with 4 slides and the picnic table had to go. Small place, tight turning radius, but good location. Busy place that needs reservations. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Extremely well maintained. Owner is very 'hands on' and constantly available. Be aware that you are right on the Trans Canada Hwy so there will be noise from the highway, day and night. For that reason we chose to eat indoors. Very good Wi-Fi connection and also cable TV. Clean laundry facility. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Excellent small campground adjacent to the Trans-Canada Hwy, about 6 miles West of Salmon Arm. The sites are level with gravel base and all services are good. The Swiss/Canadian owners take great pride in their campground and it is maintained spotlessly clean. Shortly after we arrived they were out with the rake to re-level the gravel from the tire ruts. Flowers abound. Great fire pit for all to use. We will be back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for ViewPoint RV Park & Cottages