206564 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Salmon Arm, British Columbia (Air Miles)
Sandy Point Beach
Salmon Arm, British Columbia

1   6   1   1
no  no  no  yes
no  no  no  yes
I would not recommend this campground to anyone for any reason. Dusty, dirty and unkept are 3 things that come to mind. The bathrooms and showers were not the worst I've seen, but certainly could be better. There is nothing done to groom the sites. Ours was partially grassy, partially dirt. The beach appears to never have been raked or cleaned up. Really, a little bit of maintenance could make this a lovely campground on one of our favorite lakes in the world. There are trains all night long, but we knew that before going in, so I am not complaining about that. The beach sites we were told could easily fit 2 tents and 2 vehicles (for $65 a night), barely fit 1 tent and vehicle. The campers are squished in like sardines throughout. This we could have accepted if there was any kind of pride of ownership here. On the way out, the sanitation dump is on the wrong side of the road and you either have to turn around or have a very long hose. Sorry, Pierre's Point, you do not have my recommendation. Very sad misuse of your beautiful land. We camped here in a Tent.
September 2010
Camped here in September, so not many kids around, which is good. Nice view of the lake, lots of bird life. The trains run close by but they didn't bother me, people were nice that worked here. Yes I will return again. It's one of the few left that hasn`t sold out to developers and start to ask unbelievable $$$$$ just for a little lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2007
The worst park I have ever stayed at. It is absolutely filthy. They rake the old fire ashes into the dirt that makes up each campsite area. My trailer was absolutely filthy after a week here. Bathrooms do not have any soap or paper for hygiene here. As previous entry says trains every 11 minutes. WiFi very poor and the only way to get a signal is to go to the store and restaurant. Do not stay here. Go to another site and not Sandy shores as same thing. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Pierre's Point Campground

6   8   5   7   9   4   5   8   9
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
We stayed here one night and that would be the maximum number of days we would stay. The bathrooms were clean but very dated and old. The site was packed dirt, no gravel and not leveled. We had a pull-through site which was better as the back-in sites looked quite tight. Lots of road noise from the highway but that's what you get when you are just off the highway. The location of the sewer and electrical connections were a bit far apart. Wi-Fi was nice and strong and the staff was very nice. I would only come back if I needed a short stop over. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Sites are nice but, the nicest ones are taken by permanent residents which is a shame. The sites available for travelers have no grass and are a little sandy/dusty, but are sheltered from the wind so it was not an issue. Sites are tight and tough to get into. I was lucky the site across was open so I could pull in to back up. I am not sure I would have made it otherwise. When we booked i was assured parking was easy. When we got here the story changed a little. The pool and games room are kept nice and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. The site is next to a heritage museum which is beautiful. We went to the dinner theater. It was amateur theater, but it was very good. We would camp here again if I was sure I could get in the site. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
Definitely not a resort, but an OK park for a stopover. The single lane road in is rough and has 4 speed bumps. Slow right down! Also the road in is all up hill and quite steep. The owners are doing maintenance on the park and trying to get it in shape. Interior roads are gravel and very rough. The pool and hot tub were closed because of the late season. The site we got was almost level with shade trees covering some of it. Water pressure was good. The sewer connection was quite high up and so I had to finish draining the hose by lifting it up, with gloves on of course. Some sites looked to have a very high sewer connection which might be a problem. WiFi was strong. Each site has its own fire ring, very nice. No traffic or train noise but there was a farmer on his tractor at 7:30 in the morning just across the fence. I looked into the washrooms and showers and they looked clean. This is probably the best park in town. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Salmon Arm RV Resort

9   10   8   10   10   1   10   9
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes
We stayed 1 night in a 40' RV while heading further east. It is a small RV park, with cabins directly off the Trans Canada Hwy, about 6 miles from Salmon Arm. The entire facility is extremely clean and well maintained, and the owners are brilliant. All sites are level with a gravel base, and services are all centrally located at each site. We had site # 1, which is designated as a pull through. Smaller rigs will make the entry turn easily, but bigger rigs must drive forward & back a few times to access. Lots of room and the owner comes along to assist. Big rigs should also watch the first corner at the office--it is a bit tight on the inside tree. Excellent 50 amp power, water pressure slightly low, cable TV has good channel selection, and they even have wired Internet available at the sites. Noise - obviously yes, as you are next to the highway. Can't have it both ways. Didn't both, and each site has the best picnic tables at any campground we have visited. We will be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I don't think I have ever given a 10 to an RV site before but this is one that certainly deserves it. It is a small site, off Hwy 1 on a rise and it also has cabins. The park's Swiss owners have created amazingly charming surroundings. There are flower boxes everywhere, red geraniums spilling out of boxes on the immaculate grounds!! a small play area for children including a big deck box full of toys, books for kids. The laundry room, shower/bathroom areas are incredibly clean. There is a large central fire pit area an there are patio swings. The lawns are well kept and all the walkways and pads are graveled and raked after each camper. It was such a pleasant surprise. I would definitely recommend this site as a central hub from which to explore the Shuswap Lake area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Some of the sites are "close" if you have slideouts, but there are a couple of pull-thrus that allow for big rigs with lots of slides. Nice little park, right off of the Trans Canada. Yes, that means road noise, and even the occasional train on the other side of the road, but then every RV campground in the area seems to be "just off the Trans Canadian Highway." But, the bathrooms are nice, the showers are hot, and the owners are super friendly and helpful. There's no official pet area, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. There are some small playground pieces for the youngest kids. Afternoon leaves all the sites in the shade. Cable TV is available, and the town of Salmon Arm is a short 3 miles down the road. We stayed here two nights just to rest, and it was a nice little place to hang out, recuperate from the road, and then get back going again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for ViewPoint RV Park & Cottages