206873 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Acton, California (Air Miles)
Tt Ca Soledad Canyon 4700 Crown Valley Rd Acton 661-269-1740,Ttnlt
320 W Ave P
37140 47Th St E
Hi-Desert Rv Inc
"Elks - E,W,D, Cabletv - 240 E Ave K"
Costco 8059497337
Costco 6619497212
44765 Valley Central Way
El Tapatio
Ranch Club Resort-42505 Ranch Club Rd
1731 E Avenue J
Sams Club 12920 Foothill Blvd (Located To Block)
California

yes (Stream)
no  no  yes  question  no  yes  question  question  no  no
no  no  yes  question  no  yes  question  question  no  no
January 2014
Middle of the road. No TV reception and Cell signal really weak, (Sprint). Has possibilities, but staff not real friendly. Bathrooms were damaged with vandals (kids). They tried to fix them, but not whole lot of improvement. No toliet paper, holes in walls. One bathroom was fairly new, but others needed improvement. They are doing something with the kiddie pool, but I think time would best be served elsewhere. We are Thousand Trails Members and will not go back even though it is the closest one to LA, unless we can not get in another one. People next to us in a Class A was really upset and wrote them really a nasty letter. Did a lot of walking and Acton was ok: really small town. We went to Palmdale to shop. Showers were broken: had to turn them on and off. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
This looked to be a great place to stay with the access to Pacific Crest Trail and Los Angeles. But to our surprise it was noisy with trains all night and the neighbor's parties (employees). I tried to get my children into the arcade, but it was full of adults yelling and screaming. They did have some interesting attractions; down the road is a big cat compound called 'Shambala' which was very much fun. Thank goodness for Six Flags, 45 minutes away. I just wouldn't recommend this place due to the extended stay people. I could smell marijuana all night the first night and beer the second. Not a very good place for families. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2011
I camped here for one night en-route up to Alabama Hills by Lone Pine. My site, space 55, was a dirt pull through site. The site was long enough that I was able to keep my truck hooked up (total length 51 feet) and still easily be off the roads to the front and rear of my site. I had to use one ½ inch board to level side to side. There was a huge, neat tree just east of my site. The site had a picnic table. AT&T cell does not work in the campground. Verizon users were able to text but not make voice calls. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. There was a creek about 10 yards from my site. The water was rushing, probably due to recent rain and snow. There was a train track 75 – 100 past the creek. Four trains came by during my stay. Trains were loud but I didn’t feel any shaking. A unique sound was that two or three times we heard lion’s roar. The office staff told us there was a game preserve called Shimbala just up the road so don’t be afraid if you hear a lion’s roar. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. I would estimate that over one half of the sites are occupied by full time residents. Unlike some campgrounds I have been in, most of the rigs were well maintained and the residents were friendly. I read about the staff in prior reviews and wasn’t sure what to expect. When I checked in, I asked the girl at the front desk if AT&T worked any where in the park. She told me no, but let me use the KOA hard line to call home and let my wife know I had arrived safely. A friend was going to meet me at the KOA, later that night. She waived the extra vehicle fee and gave me a pass to put on his car when he arrived. When I was leaving the next morning, she asked if there was anything the KOA could do to make my stay more pleasant. When I was walking around the campground, one of the KOA staff drove up, asked if he could help with anything. We talked about 10 minutes and as he left he said be sure to let the staff know if anything could be done to make my stay more enjoyable. There are not enough activities in the area to draw me back to this campground. How ever if I was passing through, I would not hesitate to stop for a night. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Acton / Los Angeles North KOA

no  question  yes  question  yes  no  question  no  yes  yes
no  question  yes  question  yes  no  question  no  yes  yes
January 2014
They are working on the park and hope it gets better. Lot of sites and lot of sites with people that stay there seasonally. Closest Thousand Trails to LA. Bathrooms were in need of repair along with showers. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
They have made positive changes in the power grid. You need to look for new power poles in the site to be sure you have good clean electricity but this is an improvement. They are selling spacious sites with views of the surrounding landscape for full-time living. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We have heard very bad things about this park and where positively surprised. Yes their is room to improve, but it is a ok park. Yes the train runs by close to very close (depending on your site), luckily most of them are electric. WiFi is a nightmare, works only in one lodge in one room, which they do rent out over the weekend and then no access. This is just outdated slow, 2 People on it (no videos) and taking 2-3 mins for a site to load is not acceptable. The children's pool is big, bigger, huge, just please heat it. We where their in the hottest season and it was ~70, brr. of course the adult pool was heated. The adult lodge had the kid games, but no kids allowed??? The park had many trees. Just tons of sites with broken power and nobody willing fix it. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails
October 2013

question  yes  no  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
question  question  no  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
October 2013
We parked here one night and did not need anything except full hookup. It is a beautiful park, friendly staff, but I would never park here again. I have been an 18 wheel driver, a safe, accident free driver, but I demolished the power pedestal at the first site I was assigned here while trying to keep trailer on pavement. The pads are very narrow, the power pedestals and water faucets are actually set within the concrete pads on one side, the sprinkler heads are installed against the concrete pads on the opposite side. You have to tramp in flower beds to hook up. After I hit the pedestal I commented about the small size of the sites and was told by the manager the sites were not meant for today's larger trailers; although, she had asked size of my travel trailer. At about 7 a.m. next morning grounds crew was noisily cleaning flower beds including bumping against out trailer. Again, beautiful park, but problematic for big rigs, We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Nice park. Nice area in Antelope Vly hills. Built on a hillside and split into two separate areas, one for longer term. Level concrete sites, asphalt driveways with grass and trees between sites. Pads are a bit narrow but adequate space between sites (long term is a bit more room but asphalt &gravel and not as aesthetic. Controlled access. Wi-Fi good (1 week free), cable TV good. Water and power all good. Not much in way of shopping close by. Nearest is Palmdale-7 miles. 40 minutes from Burbank/N Hollywood (with decent traffic). We'd stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Nice quiet spot with good mountain views. The electricity, sewer and water hook-ups worked flawlessly. The pool was large and very clean. They do have some extended stay people, but everybody was friendly and respected other campers privacy. After quiet time, the place is so still I could hear the air leaking from my spare tire! All in all, a great place to stay. The only gripe I had is relatively minor. I wish there was a little more space between sites and for some reason, the sprinklers in the grass area between sites came on around 8 pm. We were still grilling dinner when we had to move everything to keep from getting wet. I think a better choice would be to have them come on late at night. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for The Californian RV Resort