219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Acton, California (Air Miles)
Tt Ca Soledad Canyon 4700 Crown Valley Rd Acton 661-269-1740,Ttnlt
320 W Ave P
37140 47Th St E
Hi-Desert Rv Inc
"Elks - E,W,D, Cabletv - 240 E Ave K"
Costco 8059497337
Costco 6619497212
44765 Valley Central Way
El Tapatio
Ranch Club Resort-42505 Ranch Club Rd
1731 E Avenue J
Sams Club 12920 Foothill Blvd (Located To Block)
California

yes (Stream)
no  no  yes  question  no  yes  question  question  no  no
no  no  yes  question  no  yes  question  question  no  no
January 2014
Middle of the road. No TV reception and Cell signal really weak, (Sprint). Has possibilities, but staff not real friendly. Bathrooms were damaged with vandals (kids). They tried to fix them, but not whole lot of improvement. No toliet paper, holes in walls. One bathroom was fairly new, but others needed improvement. They are doing something with the kiddie pool, but I think time would best be served elsewhere. We are Thousand Trails Members and will not go back even though it is the closest one to LA, unless we can not get in another one. People next to us in a Class A was really upset and wrote them really a nasty letter. Did a lot of walking and Acton was ok: really small town. We went to Palmdale to shop. Showers were broken: had to turn them on and off. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
This looked to be a great place to stay with the access to Pacific Crest Trail and Los Angeles. But to our surprise it was noisy with trains all night and the neighbor's parties (employees). I tried to get my children into the arcade, but it was full of adults yelling and screaming. They did have some interesting attractions; down the road is a big cat compound called 'Shambala' which was very much fun. Thank goodness for Six Flags, 45 minutes away. I just wouldn't recommend this place due to the extended stay people. I could smell marijuana all night the first night and beer the second. Not a very good place for families. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2011
I camped here for one night en-route up to Alabama Hills by Lone Pine. My site, space 55, was a dirt pull through site. The site was long enough that I was able to keep my truck hooked up (total length 51 feet) and still easily be off the roads to the front and rear of my site. I had to use one ½ inch board to level side to side. There was a huge, neat tree just east of my site. The site had a picnic table. AT&T cell does not work in the campground. Verizon users were able to text but not make voice calls. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. There was a creek about 10 yards from my site. The water was rushing, probably due to recent rain and snow. There was a train track 75 – 100 past the creek. Four trains came by during my stay. Trains were loud but I didn’t feel any shaking. A unique sound was that two or three times we heard lion’s roar. The office staff told us there was a game preserve called Shimbala just up the road so don’t be afraid if you hear a lion’s roar. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. I would estimate that over one half of the sites are occupied by full time residents. Unlike some campgrounds I have been in, most of the rigs were well maintained and the residents were friendly. I read about the staff in prior reviews and wasn’t sure what to expect. When I checked in, I asked the girl at the front desk if AT&T worked any where in the park. She told me no, but let me use the KOA hard line to call home and let my wife know I had arrived safely. A friend was going to meet me at the KOA, later that night. She waived the extra vehicle fee and gave me a pass to put on his car when he arrived. When I was leaving the next morning, she asked if there was anything the KOA could do to make my stay more pleasant. When I was walking around the campground, one of the KOA staff drove up, asked if he could help with anything. We talked about 10 minutes and as he left he said be sure to let the staff know if anything could be done to make my stay more enjoyable. There are not enough activities in the area to draw me back to this campground. How ever if I was passing through, I would not hesitate to stop for a night. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Acton / Los Angeles North KOA

no  question  yes  no  question  yes  question  yes  no  question
no  question  question  no  question  yes  question  yes  no  question
The new family pool and recreation buildings are beautiful! The sites are dirt, run down, and many of the campers left so much trash at their sites it was repulsive! And the trains... There is at least one long freight train each night, and multiple commuter type trains that start running around 4 a.m. We are hoping they will put as much energy into improving their sites as they did improving the pool areas! It is definitely needed. We camped here in a Motorhome.
TTN has spent a lot of money on the structures (pools & lodges), but the campsites are terrible. VERY poor electrical (102 volts), a lot of sites without electrical at all, lots of trashy leased sites, etc. Verizon phone and internet available only in N section. Rapid transit train noise as the tracks run right alongside the campsites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Large RV park. Tents are allowed, although a few tent-only sections are permanently closed due to lack of use/maintenance. Many power pedestals are in very poor condition. Some sites are closed due to poor power - and are marked. Dirt roads create a lot of dust - even when a squirrel runs across. Nearly all sites that had any views were taken by seasonal/annual residents. The lodge was locked-up and closed in April. Laundry was very clean. A little convenience store is on-site. Pools are available, but a long distance from some areas of the park. Limited shopping in town. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails

question  question  question  question  question  yes  no  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  yes  question
Great park for overnight. The pull-through site was long enough that we did not have to disconnect our toad. Sites are a bit close together. Office staff was friendly and led us to our site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Some fwy noise from the 14, but not too bad. Sites are paved & long, but narrow (there's a grass strip in between each site that helps with this). No picnic tables. Wifi works well & cable TV is good, pool and spa are sparkling and inviting. Dog run is dirt and small, but the owners open up the grassy yard behind the office for off-leash dogs, which is very nice! Easy in and out, but you have to stop on an incline to check in. Roads are a bit narrow, but easy to navigate. All in all, a nice, relaxing park. We'll stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Have stayed here several times. Park is on a hillside but all the sites are level concrete with grass and trees. Very nice. Clean, well kept; water, electricity. and sewer all good. Office staff helpful. Reasonably easy to get in and out of sites even with our 40' rig. Closest small shopping is 3 miles in Acton. Closest big shopping is 7-10 miles in Palmdale/Lancaster. Only 40 miles from N. Hollywood. Nice place, especially if you want access to North LA or Magic Mountain (20 miles). Will stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for The Californian RV Resort