220801 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Alturas, California (Air Miles)
No Name 81
2014-08-15 21:49:18
Alturas, California
January 2010

January 2010
This park is mainly for monthly. They rent beat up travel trailers. The manager will rip you off. They charged us 325.00 a month, yet the ad in the paper says starting at 200.00. Dogs run loose. People are just a bunch of druggies, and if the manager doesn't like you, you're out! The owner is oblivious to the problems in the park; when we tried to complain he referred us to the manager. There is a pool, but it's empty and broken down. The place is run down, and ready to close. Please do not stay here. Things come up missing in the night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011

2   4   1   2
question  no  question  question
question  no  question  question
September 2011
This is an empty lot in the middle of town with several run down trailers/motor homes. The sites are so narrow that the unit next to mine would very nearly hit my tow vehicle when they open their door. The only 30 amp spot has me partly in the driveway. I was welcomed with the "f" word coming out of one trailer and then another out of the other next to them. Oh joy! I had planned on staying two nights in hopes of getting my oil changed while in Alturas. I will wait and get out of here first thing in the morning and try at my next stop. I frankly do not know what possessed me to stay, except for the reservation I had made and I wished to honor; otherwise I would have driven off and gone back to a park I had seen as I came into town. Unless you are in Alturas to visit someone in the jail--which is across the street; or have business in the courthouse--which is also across the street, do not stay at this place. I have traveled all over California and the southwest and this is the ugliest, saddest "park" I have ever seen. Calling it "High Desert Resort" is a misnomer if there ever was one. I give it a two rather than a one because the "manager" was friendly and helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
The owners are very nice, but the lots are TINY. You can reach and touch your RV and the next over. Monthly rates are cheap enough, but electricity is a bit high. The showers are free. There was/is a man staying here that creeped us out. He tries to walk into the showers while you're in there, ugh. We left in October before the big snows hit. If you're wanting an overnighter, it's OK. But if you plan on staying any longer, don't. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2009
We planned on staying at this campground as it was advertised by Passport America and the reduced price was enticing. In our opinion this should not be listed as a campground. It looks like a very small, run down used car lot and the RVs there were parked so close you could stand between them and touch both at the same time without stretching a bit. There would have been no way to extend our one slide-out. It didn't look like there was any space to park anyway, as there were several RVs already there packed in like sardines and no space at either end of the line of them that we could tell, but a man standing outside tried to wave us in anyway. We just kept driving. We've traveled and camped at a lot of campgrounds over the years and are full-timers, and this was certainly one of the worst we've seen. Unless you really can't live without electric and water for a overnight stay, we'd recommend just boon docking somewhere and if you're staying for a while, we recommend looking elsewhere. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for High Desert RV

yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy access with pull through spots. Only have 6 sites for overnight RV'ers and are perfect for a quick overnight stop, but a little too close to each other for a longer term stay. Good places to exercise dog along gravel road. Located right next to the Wildlife Refuge so you can take a walk and see deer and Sandhill Cranes. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Great park! Only a handful of sites for short term stays, all are paved pull-throughs with full hookups. Nice green grass and beautiful shade trees. Even though you can see Highway 395 about a quarter mile away, you cannot hear it. One mile to the lovely Modoc National Wildlife Refuge. Good Wi-Fi. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
A nice spot for an overnight stay. Clean and tidy with nice easy pull throughs right off a quiet street across from a park where we could walk the cat. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Sully's RV Park