Nearby Burney, California (Air Miles)
Mcarthur-Burney (32')
Burney, California

question  yes
question  yes
December 2012
A nice quiet place that makes you think about just parking your RV and living out your years there. Back-in only, 30 amp only, easy to level, water is pure. A pine forest separates you from the highway which helps cut down on noise. Owner is very nice. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Pretty basic. Friendly owner, the park was quiet. Although they have internet available, I was never able to get it to work on any of my three Wi-Fi devices. Verizon wireless does not work in the part, but does work in the town about 6 miles away. The RV park is about 1 mile from Burney Falls State Park. I would go back to this location as the surrounding parks didn't seem as nice. $26.50 a night plus tax. We camped here in a Motorhome.

8   7   8   8   8   7   7
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Nice wooded campground. Lots of tall trees. We had no trouble with paved interior roads in a 30ft travel trailer, using care. Sites not too unlevel. No sewer, no electricity, water spigots randomly in the area. No Verizon cell signal. Flush toilet restrooms with pay showers. Each site has picnic table and fire ring. Generators OK after 10am. Nice general store. Nice waterfalls, and lake with fishing, boat rentals and swimming. Our friends were in a cabin, hard mattresses, built in bunk beds, no furniture, no electricity or water. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
December 2012
This place was just OK. Lots of trees, so it seemed we were camping in a forest. Kinda cool, kinda not. Spaces were level. Good place to camp to enjoy the lake and falls. No Wi-Fi that I could use, but I guess there was a fee. I heard it did not work well from a neighbor. My phone service did not work here either, so I had to go into town to use my phone. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
A great California State Park! Spacious sites and lots of separation between them. Friendly rangers and hosts. Nice hiking to and around the falls. Had heard about this park 4 years ago and now can't understand why I waited so long to go. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for McArthur-Burney Falls State Park