219091 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Cambria, California (Air Miles)
Robin'S - Cambria
Cambria
Hearst San Simeon State Park, San Simeon Creek Campground
2014-03-16 04:09:05
Cambria, California

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
I love this park! Have been going here for years, When we had a smaller rig we stayed at the bottom, and when we got too big we stayed at the upper sites. Both are great. I love the hiking trails, very kid friendly and both my boys learned to ride their bikes here. Just a great place with lots of good memories. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Reservations are not site specific, but I was a bit surprised by the procedure on arrival. I was instructed to drive around the campground and look for AT LEAST three sites I might want, then come back and they would confirm that one of them was available. There are two campgrounds here. Campers in the Washburn campgrounds are not allowed to use the showers. For campers in the San Simon Creek campground, showers are an affordable 25 cents per 3 minutes. The beach is a short stroll away (walking under the highway). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012
I arrived here on a busy Friday with no reservations. Being as the primary (and more expensive) camp was full, I was relegated to the more primitive back campground. Talk about a blessing in disguise! This area is beautiful. Though further away from the ocean, it's actually higher, with views. Plus, by being further back, it's less crowded and more quiet. Hiking trails are close by and there's always a nice cool breeze. Neither camp has hookups. Both have water spigots scattered around the campgrounds. The only difference is the primary area has flush toilets and showers, while the the other camp has only vault/pit/chemical style toilets (not sure what the differences are). However, these were clean and big. This is one very nice and good priced campground that I'll be sure to come back to and spend some time at. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Hearst San Simeon State Park
March 2014

question  question
question  no
March 2014
First up, this is called the San Simeon State Park on all the signposts not Hearst San Simeon State Park. 2nd there are 2 campgrounds within this park. The San Simeon Creek campground which has showers at $35 per night and is located close to the entry and the Washburn campground which is up on the hill and has vault toilets for $20 per night. We looked around San Simeon Creek campground and although parklike and shaded it was very close to the main road and the noise was noticeable. Sites at the Washburn campground are spacious, flat, gravel with picnic tables and fire pits. The fire pits are high sided steel and don't draw well. We loved this campground and stayed an extra night. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice clean quiet park with numerous scenic trails of varying degrees. Trail also leads to beach access. There's a dump station, but no sewer hook up. There's water spigots throughout campsites and restrooms throughout. Appears to be in good shape and does not smell. I would go here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.