Nearby Carmel, California (Air Miles)
The Forge In The Forest
Carmel
Carmel by the River RV Park
2014-07-06 23:49:54
Carmel, California

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
Rate varies, $80Summer,$70Fall,$65Winter,$68Spring --$5 Senior or Active Military -$3 for cash. Nice park, hedges in between spaces. Narrow road but easy access once you reach the Park. Some Big Rig spaces but would be a tough drive on Schulte Rd. Good Park for us old folks but no pool for kids. Good base for Carmel,and Monterey. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
The staff was very friendly. I thought the access to the sites were a little on the tight side. I have a 21 foot RV and it was tough to get into my back in site. There were bushes that bordered each site which gave you some privacy. There was only 1 women's shower available which I thought was insufficient. The men's shower had 2 available. I would not drive here just to camp, but if I coming to town for other reasons, I would stay here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We stayed there 2 nights because it was the best we could find in the area and it, like the others, was quite pricey at $75. We reserved in advance for late check in and the manager insisted the next day that she had told me that we had to pay cash even though she had taken a card number. She had not; I wouldn't have forgotten that. It is a beautifully landscaped campground with privacy hedges between the sites, which are close together, and amazingly quiet at night. The restrooms were clean, but I would think that with all the money they spent on landscaping they could afford to put $2.50 latches on the doors to the toilet stalls. There is no privacy in the shower area, where 2 stalls share a common area with a bench and hooks on the opposite wall where they can't be reached from the shower. The only way to avoid dressing in font of strangers is to drape your towel on the curtain rod, dry off in the shower, and wrap up in said towel to retrieve clothing from the common area. Also, you have to press the shower button every few seconds to keep the water running. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Carmel by the River RV Park

question  no  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  question
Has good pool. WIFI--might not get it at your site. Different prices for different spaces. Very narrow road in. Dry sort of Western theme. Good base for Carmel and Monterey exploration. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This park is uphill on a steep, winding road from the Carmel By The River RV park, where we also stayed. We arrived late and struggled to get into a small space with a vehicle parked right across from our space on the side of the narrow, steep driveway. There were numerous kids running around in the driveway on the way in, which was unnerving in the semi darkness. There was only one toilet and 2 shower stalls in the main bathhouse. There is a second restroom up the hill which evidently had 2 toilets, though I did not use it. There is a large tent area and the sparse restroom and shower facilities were in constant use, so I never tried to get into the shower. On the positive side, the manager was quite pleasant and helpful when we met her the next day. The setting was pretty, though extremely crowded with a very confusing layout. It was very pricey at $75, like all the area parks seem to be, and I would not want to try to negotiate the drive up the mountain, parking, and set up in a larger rig. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
Friendly, great staff. Not much room for the kids to roam except at the pool and in the playground. Pool was nice with beautiful views, but cold! Playground area was also nice. WiFi worked great. Our space was tight - once our 32' RV was parked there was no room for the picnic table and not much to park our car. One word of caution when I read the other reviews about the bridge and narrow road I thought no big deal. The bridge is currently under construction and there is a temporary bridge. It is very narrow and hard to approach squarely. I blew out a tire when I hit the curb. My bad as many here warned me, but maybe you can learn from my mistake. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Saddle Mountain RV Park & Campground