Nearby El Centro, California (Air Miles)
Scribbles
Imperial 8 Truck Stop
El Centro
2050 N Imperial Ave
Costco 7603532380
Rest Area On Ca I-8 At Mile Marker 110 Unverified.
N.A.F. Campground

6   7   5   7   7   7   3   4
question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
March 2014
Quite frankly, the only RV parks we've come across which I've found a reason to complain about the site sizes are in California! This is the 2nd one. By the time we pulled our 40' RV into place, put the slides out, parked the tow vehicle, and hauled out our chairs, we had nowhere to put them! We wound up using the empty site next door to us, but we shouldn't have to! The park itself is nicely maintained and has a golf course attached. Considering the size of the park & the number of winter visitors, I was quite surprised to find there wasn't a fitness room. But there are restaurants, a grocery store, and other shopping all within walking distance of the resort. I found this park to be adequate for a night or 2. I personally could not spend the entire winter there in those narrow little sites. I wouldn't recommend this park for long-term stays, but would suggest it for the very short-term traveler. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
Price reflects a weekly stay. Older campsite, city has grown up around it. Spots are quite small if you have slides on both sides of unit. Short timers can park in a gravel parking lot at a cheaper rate; no sewer there, but electric and water are available and these sites are bigger and right beside washrooms and activity hall. Nice little golf course, lots of snowbirds there for the winter, very friendly and welcoming. Wi-Fi accessible at office. Park happy hour on Thursdays with park entertainers who were very talented. We would go back again for a short stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2013
I stayed in their dry camp area, which also had back-in partial hookup sites. Clean washrooms and showers. Free Wi-Fi, but it only works next to the office. I had to put the rain jacket on and sit there in the night on the bench next to the closed office. Kind of humiliating. Ugly, gravel lot, nothing spectacular, with a garbage bin sitting right in the middle of the lot. Park is close to the street. You can hear the traffic. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Desert Trails RV Park and Golf Course

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question
Great older well-kept park. Large pool area, local Wi-Fi OK, Verizon card worked fine. Dog friendly, fishing in ponds. Too hot to play golf, course looked green. GREAT overnight spot to head up Hwy 8 to San Diego, about 35 mies to mountain grade. Started early (5:30) when weather cool, zipped right up hill. Will stop again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We have stayed here a number of times and I have rated this park once before. It is a very nice park. Again we were in a spot overlooking a small lake. There are fish in the lake and someone was swimming in it. Sites are gravel and medium sized. The space were were in this time was a bit tighter than when we last stayed here and our 42' motorhome and Jeep would both not fit into the spot. This place has lots of facilities. Rec room, exercise facilities, golf, restaurant, and so on. My big problem with this park is the military jet noise. It is very prevalent. If not for the noise I would still rate the park a 9. Sites a bit cramped to rate a 10. If you are a light sleeper the noise from the jets and freeway may give you some problems. But there are lots of people who have permanent park units here that seem to like it a lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Rate is Passport American. Nice park. Pool was very warm and the hot tub was great. Never made it to town as we were here only 3 days. Plan to return mid March to see the Blue Angels show. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rio Bend RV & Golf Resort
September 2012

question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
September 2012
Not as lovely as the website pictures depict, but still very nice. Spaces are level, gravel and not too close together. Cable TV connection. Security gate with intercom for late arrivals. Office staff was friendly and helpful. The best overnight spot within 60 miles. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
February 2012
Lady that checked us in was extremely RUDE! This place is a snow birds haven so I'm sure for them it's a great place but don't bother to stop if your just passing through. The lady was so annoyed that she had to explain the system to us and that we didn't already know. When we asked about the laundry I thought she was going to kick us out. I get it lady you're old and grumpy! The park itself was decent. They aren't very friendly towards pets either. Out of the 30 RV parks we have stayed at this was by far our least favorite! We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2011
Second time here for two day stays - once in 2010 and now in Nov 2011. In fairness as a response to others’ previous reviews from 2010, the new site management could not have been more helpful. From moving my original dates and sites per my request as well as quickly coming over in a golf cart from their home to the office to check me in when they saw me arrive after hours. I declined their offer of piloting me to the site as I am familiar with the park. Cannot comment on the pool/hot tub however the Wi-Fi, admittedly slow during daylight hours where we were (maybe a neighbor doing mega downloads), was not useless and the price was right (free). While El Centro does have many Spanish language stations of course due to its geographical location, 99% is certainly an exaggeration, eh Senor? Be advised you are 2.5 miles away from the Naval Air Station, thus you will hear/be annoyed by jets taking off during non “quiet hours” and they will be necessarily low that close to their runway. Intentional buzzing, etc., is left to the Mojave. All the RV parks in the area will be affected by this, however Sunbeam is the closest. In my two stays I did not notice manure smells but that may be seasonal fertilizing in nearby fields. I also did not see helicopters “looking for illegals” which would be highly unlikely 9 miles from the border. I found Sunbeam to be clean enough for a “desert” spot, quiet, large sites, good utilities, and all in all a good stop for that area. It could stand some grassed pet areas and the storage lot could lose some unsightly trash. We will go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sunbeam Lake RV Resort