Nearby Emigrant Gap, California (Air Miles)
Tt Ca Snowflower *Ta (Naco) 41776 Yuba Gap Dr Emigrant Gap (L 10/11-4/27) 530-389-8241,Ttnlt
Rpi- Ca Snowflower *Ta (Naco) 41776 Yuba Gap Dr Emigrant Gap
Boreal Ski Area
Dutch Flat Rv
Rest Area On Ca I-80 At Mile Marker 149 Unverified.
Malakoff Diggins State
California
Emigrant Gap
Thousand Trails Snowflower Resort
2013-05-21 10:40:38
Emigrant Gap, California
May 2013

6   4   6   3   8   8   10
yes  yes  question  no  yes  question  yes
yes  no  question  no  yes  question  yes
May 2013
Older Thousand Trails (TT) park set away in a quiet mountain setting. Pros - Good ATT coverage - Beautiful mountain setting on a lake. Close to I80 yet quiet. Cons - The sites are gravel pads and the internal roads are very rough with a lot of pot holes and the sharp turns are not big rig friendly. -Most sites are set back far from entrance. No full hookup sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
This park is in need of many repairs. Heavy snowfall this winter destroyed several buildings including the small grocery store / outpost. We were here over July 4th weekend and the pool was still empty and there was no activity which seemed to hint that it would be open at all this summer. There are no full hook ups, so you have little choice but to use their showers, which were in very poor condition. The second day we were there I reported no hot water and a leaking shower head which remained leaking for the 11 days we were there. It caused the floor to remain wet, even in the toilet areas. There was no hot water. Not ice cold, but barely tepid. I got in the habit of showering at high noon when it was at least warm enough outside to tolerate a cool shower. (The evenings get chilly!) It's unfortunate that TT does not seem able (or willing?) to maintain their parks because this particular one is in a beautiful area. On the positive side, the staff were all very friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
Stayed here just before the July 4th holiday, snow is mostly all gone and the park seems fully open. We were only there for the night (our first time at this preserve) but it's really beautiful in the trees and the lake is still and would be perfect for a kayak or inflatable. We got one of the few pull-throughs since we had a toad and didn't have to disconnect. There were lots of trailers and tent campers there, so I'd say they were in full operation but we didn't go into the lodge or even look at the pool. I can see staying here for several days just to be in the pines, but right now the mosquitoes are heavy and hungry, I hope it's better when it dries up a bit. Many of the sites are not level and might be hard to set up, or are better suited to smaller rigs but I liked the spacing and we weren't too close to anyone else. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Thousand Trails Snowflower Resort