Nearby Escondido, California (Air Miles)
Freeway Trailer Sales
Sandcrab Cafe
Costco 7604806617
Rancho Bernardo Inn
El Bizcocho
Sams Club 1900 University Dr (Located To Block)
Chieu-Anh
Costco 8586758003
San Diego Wild Animal P
Costco 8586750379
La Costa Resort & Spa
Valley View 16300 Nyemii Pass Rd. Valley Center Ca 92082 760-291-5500 (Located To Zip)
Vivace - Carlsbad
Costco 7606315380
13425 Community Rd
3405 Marron Rd
"Elks - E,W,D - 13219 Poway Rd"
Moonlight Beach
Guajome
Vigilucci'S Trattoria I
Docs Pico
Harrah'S Rincon 33750 Valley Center Rd. Valley Center Ca 92082 760-751-3100 (Located To Block)
San Elijo Sb (35')
705 College Blvd
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club
Il Fornaio - Del Mar -
Pacifica Del Mar
Epazote
Jake'S Del Mar
J Taylor'S - Del Mar
Casino Pauma 777 Pauma Reservation Rd. Pauma Valley Ca 92061 760-742-2177 (Located To Street)
Cask 'N Cleaver
2014-10-15 22:46:31
Escondido, California
December 2009

December 2009
We've been to this area many times before and always stayed at the Sunland RV park or closer in to San Diego. We typically use the RV park as a home base for wine tasting in Temecula and decided that this time we were going to try and save some money and try a new place. After reading a ton of reviews and looking at photos and Google Earth trying to decide, we settled on All Seasons RV park. We are pretty flexible with where we stay, we don't have a fancy rig or anything. We prefer the "off the beaten path" kind of place and typically prefer more of a "camping" experience. Although we truly appreciate the amenities of a fancy park, we're pretty simple with our requirement. Full hook-ups, quiet and clean. I guess with All Seasons RV Park 1 out of 3 is what they were shooting for. Let me start with the "good" that allowed me to score this place a 2. The staff is friendly and helpful, the pool area is really nice and the camp store is really well stocked and convenient (more on the camp store later). The "lake" does look nice, when the sun is setting and the wind is blowing just right and you close one eye and peak at it from around the corner and frame is just so with a tree or something. The hook ups worked, cable TV was a little spotty at times, but we got GREAT cell reception and my Verizon Internet card worked GREAT! So we could stream Hulu and Netflix movies and pretend we were somewhere else. (You know, Magnum PI is STILL a great show!) On to the bad. As we were rolling in to our site (#11) we had to wiggle through this sort of, gauntlet of "permanent" residents. Although no one was a problem (noise, parties, etc) certainly could have done some tidying up. Some sites it seemed that these residence had all of their worldly possessions piled outside their camper (these are campers not mobile homes) and some of these campers seem like maybe they've been here since the California was declared a state in the late 1800s. A few of them I'm pretty sure, you couldn't tow them anywhere if you wanted to. Some people have put up these "tarp" garages which is nice for them, but it really looks bad. So it just made for an unsightly area. People's things, cars, trucks etc., were hanging out onto the already narrow road. It was a huge disappointment right off the bat. Our Site: Our site backed up to the lake (which was nice), but it was TIGHT. We have a 17 foot travel trailer (no slides) that we tow with an old Land Rover. This is NOT a huge setup. Backed in as far as we could the front bumper of my truck was sticking out on the road. On the hookup side of my trailer they had planted some evergreen trees which gave us a plenty of privacy from neighbors, that worked well, however they were right up against the side of my trailer and the hook ups were buried at the base of the trees. I literally had to get down in the mud on my hands and knees with one shoulder pressed up against the side of the trailer and the rest of my body getting scratched to death by being completely embedded in the trees in order to get everything connected. Our site also sloped toward the lake a little (makes sense) which is sort of a problem for our camper. Our "pipe" is VERY low to to the ground to begin with (clearly not the RV park's fault), but it seems that our site sloped toward the back, away from the hook ups that were mounted in concrete about 3-4 inches above ground level. I put my trailer up on 4 inches of wood and with the slope of the site, we were still in a position where we'd be somehow having to drain significantly UP hill. I'm still not sure how I'm going to make that work. Each site does have a fire ring (one of the reasons we chose this place), this was great because we like to use our dutch oven and cook as much as we can over the fire. It's nice. Well, this fire ring is a rusty tire rim, tossed on the slope of mud between our camper and the lake and filled with garbage. It sat at about a 30 degree angle and was literally FILLED with trash. Non-burnable, nasty trash. Cigarette packs, Styrofoam bait containers with rotting worms in it, half full plastic water bottles, a few dozen feet of tangled fishing line with rusty hooks still attached etc. It was nasty. I also found used rubber gloves (apparently from the previous people's final dump) laying in our site. I spent the first few hours of our stay, CLEANING up our site (filled an entire garbage bag). Not the way I would expect to start out. There is a nice concrete patio with a picnic table (adorned with a skillfully carved AC/DC logo). This site is situated almost parallel to the shore line of the lake. So when we open our camper door we have a very nice view of the lake. It's nice that we are not staring directly at the "business side" of another camper. This arrangement results in very sharp "pie-shaped" living area, the big end of the triangle being toward the front of the camper and the small angle being at the back. So we have this 3 foot bit of concrete patio with a picnic table (that barely fits, then a 6-inch concrete drainage channel then the fire pit, then it slopes off into the lake. In order to use the patio and the table you are constantly stepping in/over this concrete drainage channel. It's VERY dangerous in my opinion. Adding a metal grate or something would SERIOUSLY make all the difference in the world. The Store: Just a warning. The camp store doesn't appear to be run by the campground. It's actually a convenience store like the kind attached to a gas station and serves the public as well as registered campers/residents. The store is a little creepy. It gets a TON of traffic late into the night. (I'm not actually sure how late it's open, but well after dark for sure.) There are people coming and going, buying liquor and various tobacco products. I did buy some beer while I was in there, they have a good selection and the staff is VERY nice. You just kind of have to wonder what ELSE may be being sold in that store, you know? Summary: The staff is nice and helpful. They even called me in my car when we weren't here when we said we were, and helped get us turned around when we missed the exit. Very nice. The pool area and the one area near the bathrooms/showers seem to be "Newer" and the presence of new-looking concrete and wooden structures (hand rails, decks, fencing etc.), indicate that maybe renovations have been recently done or are at least a very slow on going process. This place has a LOT of potential but requires a TON of work. The final thing I'd like to mention regarding this park, is that it sits in a little creek valley 250 yards wide (at it's widest) in between I-15 and old highway 395. The road noise is CONSTANT an very loud and 24/7. It never gets quiet. At this point, I don't see us returning until we see a sign on the road (or website) saying "Renovations Complete!" or "Newly reconfigured and remodeled." I'm not sure what they can do about the road noise, that's just a location thing so it's hard to knock them for that. They could also work on cleaning up the sites after people leave. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
July 2008
We decided to change our vacation plans and go camping in San Diego. Trying to find a campground with less than a week notice (actually more like months) is hard to do. We searched online and found All Seasons. We liked their website and that it said rustic so we decided to try them out. When I called I informed her we had a 33' motorhome and would also need space for our Dodge Ram pickup we would be pulling. No problem. Um, well. The first spot we got (in their 50 amp section) was narrow. We couldn't even open our two slides (one on each side) and parking our vehicle in front of the campsite was going to be tight. Considering we have three small children there would be no space for them to play. So we asked what else they had available. In the end, we ended up on their "hill". The site was twice as wide and twice as deep and was exactly what we were looking for. Unfortunately, most of these sites are for their long term residents (which they have A LOT of). But lucky for us, someone had left that day. They do have a pool which was beautiful and clean and hardly anyone in it. Even though they have a lot of long term residents, they don't utilize the facilities a whole lot. They are located on a lake that you can fish at (we did not try - it is a catch and release lake). They also have a "playground" for the kids. The playground is basically one of those wooden play structures you buy at Costco or something. It entertained my 2 1/2 year old just fine. Overall, it was a really nice campsite but if you are over 30' and have slides, I would be cautious as to where they put you. Some of the sites along the lake would be fine and the ones on the hill would work too but I would just double check with them (and triple check too because we were told they had gotten a 40' motorhome in the first spot we were in and I have no idea how unless they just parked it there and never opened up the slides or "lived" in it. We camped here in a Motorhome.

8   9   2   3   6   3   6
yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  no  question  yes  question
March 2014
The rate above is based on a 15-night stay. I agree with the reviewer below me. Older reviews are very outdated. We stayed here based on the recommendation of someone who was working for the park during its renovations. I loved this park. It was quiet, with easy access just a mile off I-15. Although I didn't use the showers or restrooms, I did peek in and they were very clean. The laundry facilities were great - $1.50 to wash, $1.25 to dry for 45 minutes. The machines were relatively new. When you check in, the office assistant drives you around in a golf cart to show you the sites available that will fit your rig. The owner lives on site, and there are many employees out and about keeping things clean and in repair. The sites were huge. The cement pads very generous. We stayed in site #42. My only complaint, and the reason I did not give the park a 10 out of 10, is due to cellular voice and Internet reception. This has nothing to do with the park itself, other than its location. It is down in a dip and I think it just misses the cell tower signals. Our Verizon phones often cut out and we missed calls. Our Millenicom MiFi was slow to load. Our DirecTV dish, although it took a bit to find the satellite, came in just fine. They park does offer free cable, and Internet is available for a fee via TengoInternet. The closest shopping and services is in Oceanside and Temecula. Groceries, gas, restaurants, banks, etc, all within 20 minutes. The store at the park is closed but my understanding is they were hoping to find someone to lease it and reopen it before summer. They do offer propane delivery to your site 6 days a week. It was a little higher price than we could have gotten elsewhere, but the convenience was worth the higher price. There are many full time/year round residents here, but everyone kept their sites clean. It is not what I would call a "resort" but there was a swimming pool and some catch and release fishing ponds as well as a small playground for little kids. I was looking for some place quiet, with nice scenery, close to San Diego and surrounding areas. I would recommend this place and I would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Relative recommended that I stay at this park. I must say the previous reviews are definitely old/outdated reviews. The park renovations are completed and the campground is beautiful. The roads are newly paved, the concrete pads are large and can fit the big RVs, the pool was clean, the restrooms / laundry were clean, the landscaping is well maintained and the staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend this park to others. If you are reading the older reviews I assure you they are outdated. You should visit the park and make your own assessment, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I plan on staying here when I'm in the area again, it's a hidden gem! We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
This park was a big disappointment for us. When we arrived for a 2 night stay we were required to pay for a 3 night minimum. Our Good Sam discount was not recognized either. We were required to pay a deposit for a gate card and then had to wait until late on the morning of our departure for the office to open so we could recover our money. When we were escorted to our site we passed by campers in poor condition, and some even appeared abandoned. Our site was newly concreted, but was so badly out of level that I used several blocks to level our camper. Power and water worked fine but the cable was snowy. WI-Fi was available but at an unreasonable cost. The park rules forbid large dogs but we were soon accosted by a pit bull and 2 German Shepard's who would have killed our little dog had we not reacted quickly. Rules required cleanup after dogs but the roads and paths were lined with droppings. We had to pay $2 extra for our little dog but there was no dog run and obviously the cost wasn't used for the park cleanup either. Traffic completely disregarded the speed limit and walking the park roads was risky. The only nice thing about this park was the lake. The ducks swimming in it made for a tranquil setting. If we're in the area again we'll definitely stay elsewhere. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Champagne Lakes

yes  question
March 2014
We stayed here in a tent, and most spots are shady and secluded. It was nice and quiet, and the park staff was friendly. There were clean bathrooms nearby, and electricity if needed. The camping spots are a short walk from Dixon Lake where we rented a little boat and went fishing. Their rules are a bit tight with campfires, but it's understandable with the fire danger around the area. All in all a nice place with a decent price! We camped here in a Tent.
June 2009
Dixon Lake Camping Area is located just north of downtown Escondido on La Honda Drive, off of El Norte Parkway. It is owned and operated by the City of Escondido. The park staff and rangers were all very friendly and helpful, and took care of all my questions and needs in a professional and courteous manner. Access to the park will tax large/heavy rigs, as there is a roughly 15° grade for ~1/4 mile approaching the park entrance. Use low gear when leaving, and low gear & lots of throttle when arriving! The campground sites are located at the south end of the park, overlooking downtown Escondido and Dixon Lake. We stayed at a back-in site, which was very easy to enter and exit with my 31' Class A coach. There was abundant room to open my slide-out and all awnings and still not feel cramped. The site had utility hookups (10 of the 47 total sites have utility hookups) and a nice-sized private picnic area. There was a charcoal grilling ring - no wood fires are allowed due to wildfire risk - and picnic table and storage cabinet. The site landscaping is native scrub, with ground keeping limited only to clearing overgrowth and nightly trash removal. This campground is very quiet and relaxing, and within easy access to shopping should you need something. Bring your fishing rod, as the world's largest Bass (see link in the park's website above) is waiting for you in this lake! The only two disappointments I have with the park are that there is no swimming allowed in the lake (drinking water reservoir), and no pets are allowed in the campground (possibly due to local coyote activity). Also, alcohol is prohibited in the picnic areas, but permitted in the camping area. Those minor gripes aside, I enjoyed my stay at this campground and will definitely be back! We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  no
January 2014
We chose to stay at Escondido RV resort as a transitional move as we are moving overseas. Our stay was long term and we found this an excellent place to stay for a bit. The staff is great! Desiree the new management seems very conscientious and nicely keeps the staff on there toes, providing excellent customer service. The park is clean and well landscaped. There are clean public baths/showers near the pool and jacuzzi area and also a large laundry facility. A new dog park was installed up on the hill that provides play equipment and a water mister for the dogs and great views too. There are lower and upper sites. The upper level spots are larger and can accommodate the large rigs plus there are some stellar views from the upper levels and a gate to a great public park with restrooms next door. The staff often organizes special celebrations for holidays and often provide complimentary food and beverage to all of the guests. The only real negative to this park is that the internet service is no good at all.. 4 hours free with registration but paying for it is not fun, but I don't camp based on internet service so not a big enough deal to base a camping decision on for me. Thanks you Escondido RV Resort staff for making our stay here more than we hoped it would be. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Stayed for 2 mos. Rate is monthly rate. There are 2 levels to this park. Lower level is cramped and full of year round people. Upper level is 60% year round. Nothing wrong with year round, people were nice. Upper section much nicer. Clean grounds. Negatives: Interstate 15 noise is apparent, not overwhelming but I would think in the summer with windows open it would be very apparent. No wifi. Park like this, wifi should be included. Might look around at other parks when we return next year. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Very friendly and helpful staff, centrally located, easy off and on I-15. Dog friendly. The price reflects a monthly rate as we were here for 2 months. Very clean facilities. We were up top and there is freeway noise, but after awhile is was just a hum in the background. Lack of parking by the clubhouse is a problem. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Escondido RV Resort