Nearby Gorman, California (Air Miles)
Rest Area On Ca I-5 At Mile Marker 208 Verified On 12/04
Flying J
Frazier Par
Rest Area On Ca I-5 At Mile Marker 216 Unverified.
Travel Center America
Gorman
Pyramid Lake RV Resort
2014-07-13 16:00:35
Gorman, California

no  question  yes  no  yes  question  no  question  question  yes
question  question  yes  no  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
We stayed here over Memorial Weekend this year. The name would imply that it was near a lake... nope... it is about six miles north of the lake and on the opposite side of the freeway. Don't expect to be camping near a lake. "Resort"... nope, more like "dump". It would be the perfect site for a horror movie. The whole place is in disrepair. Weeds everywhere. No grass. Garbage lines the hillsides. The place is in great need of an exterminator (roaches). They claim to have a "mini-mart", but it is really just a couple of wire racks with junk food. There are a few other items, but you would be better off to drive down the highway about 10 miles to the next town to get what you need. The owners barely speak clear English and so conversing is difficult. The pool seemed clean though. The playground is archaic and full of weeds. I wouldn't want my children playing there. There is an area near the rear of the park that it appears that some people live there full time. They have junk all around their RVs. The place is a mess. The rates are high for what you get and you don't receive a detailed invoice, so you aren't even really sure how the charges are broken down. They have full hook ups, however; they ask you not to drain your gray water. ?? What?? They advertise having wi-fi and cable TV. Ummm... nope! Couldn't even get internet on a phone, let alone on a laptop. We would NOT recommend this place for anyone. If you are traveling along Interstate 5 between Los Angeles and Bakersfield, CA and need a spot to sleep overnight, you would be better off at the Flying J at the Frazier Park exit. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
At one time this was a nice park, but it is old and has not been kept in good condition. It needs a lot of paint and improvements. The owners were nice.The Wi-fi was terrible and barely worked. No TV. It's okay for one night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
I wish I could post photos of the terrible condition of this park. I wish I had read the reviews before I visited. I wish I had never tried to use the 50 amp power connections. I wish I had not brought my dog. I wish I had sprayed for roaches as soon as I arrived. I made big mistakes when I decided to go to this dilapidated place. The power had no ground and blew out our converter, our microwave and our 42 inch TV. The non English speaking manager would not accept responsibility for the power problems and was rude on top of it all. The place is all weeds and broken everything, and there are roaches all over at night. The picnic tables are most all beyond use, and the water pressure the lowest I have ever seen. But we were lucky - our water worked. Many of them did not. All of the people we talked to there complained of power problems. We went out today and spent almost $900 to replace what was broken there, and still they didn't offer even a refund on our rent. Please, please do not go to this place no matter what! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Pyramid Lake RV Resort