Nearby Greenfield, California (Air Miles)
Paraiso Springs (Sulphur Spring) 98
2014-01-16 04:03:42
Greenfield, California

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
The wind becomes very strong daily, from mid morning to after sun down (it was blowing hard when I went to bed at 10:00). This was my experience, and that it is constant is evidenced by the new trees all being wind blown from the N.E. The park was not oriented towards having rigs block the wind, but instead, generally you park with the wind. Amenities are nice, but, don't plan to spend any time outside of your motorhome. You can't put your awning up, because of the wind, and, the RV spots are mostly southern exposure! When we stayed, there were about five RVs in the park. We voiced that we were not happy with the spot due to the sun, and no offer of a different site was offered. Plan on getting tears in your slide out awnings. Here's the kicker, they give a disclosure that they are not responsible for "awnings" due to wind, and they should not be left out. Great, a resort park that suggests you stay with your slideouts retracted! The price point is on par with other "resort" parks, but, when you consider the inherent deficiencies in the park, it seems pretty high. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We have been here several times, as we like the facilities. Pool, spa, and grounds are spotless. Staff is very nice and keep the place up nicely. That said, the one thing that hurts this place is the wind. Mornings were nice and warm perfect for enjoying the pool. Around 1-ish the mighty wind would start up. Part of RVing is being able to sit outside set up and enjoy the evening. I'd be willing to try it later in the year to see if less windy. Still a very nice place for a stopover or weekend getaway, just the wind. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I would agree with all the previous posters reviews. However, those only apply for SHORT term stays. Do not stay if you plan to utilize long term. This would pertain to traveling nurses, correctional officers or any other staff who stay in their trailer on the days they work. I started my job in June and chose Yanks due to their exceptional amenities, cleanliness and what I thought was a safe, secure environment. The wind is awful in the afternoon so, I would just come back to trailer, eat and watch TV. My husband would stop for a visit and we would go to hot tub when available. Outside visitors and/or local people knew the code to the gym and were using it, same with pool and hot tub. Due to the high monthly rates and fees, I decided to move my trailer. Another tip, when entering and leaving the park, watch out for debris from construction on the road. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Yanks Luxury RV Resort