Nearby Morgan Hill, California (Air Miles)
Tt Ca Morgan Hill 12895 Uvas Rd Morgan Hill (M11/29-4/27) 408-778-1143,Ttnlt
Henry W. Coe Sp (22')
7900 Arroyo Circle
Gilroy Hot Springs 106
Gilroy Farm Truck Stop ($5)
Gilroy
Morgan Hill, California

question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2014
This park is definitely a 10! We chose a premium site and it has lots of room and a large level concrete pad. The whole park has well maintained landscaping, including grass, which is getting harder to find in drought stricken California. We found the streets wide and easy to maneuver with our 45 footer. Personnel was friendly & helpful. We did not use their facilities. Be sure and take note of the directions on the website as Monterey Rd is a divided highway which does not allow left hand turns into the park. We will return to this great location whenever visiting the San Jose area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
A "wow" entry, and a friendly, efficient, welcome desk. Great for overnight, though all back-ins. Wide spot, meticulously landscaped. All facilities clean and very nice. Voltage great (120). WiFi better than most. Coyote Creek bicycling/walking trail next door was paved, level, and enjoyable. Be warned: $5 a day for a patio table (?!), and trains with blowing whistles come through at night. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
No pull throughs available. Very clean park. Lots of amenities. It must be quite the spot as, even in January, this place is packed. The sites are close together and backing in can be a challenge as the driveways are a bit narrow which makes backing in a bit difficult. We were near the back of the park but still could not hear Highway 101 traffic. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Coyote Valley RV Resort
September 2014

question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
September 2014
Rate is based on the weekly rate. Mostly park trailers for long term residents. Convenient location for Gilroy. Away from 101, but can't avoid the train noise. Sites are rather small/narrow, but hook-ups are conveniently located. Parking is tight at the sites, but there is additional parking near restrooms and fence. Grass (OK, weeds) are being replaced with artificial turf, which looks pretty good. Laundry room was small (there are several) but kept clean. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2014
Very well kept, friendly campground. Many residents are long term, however all the sites I viewed were well maintained. There is an evening security guard, although I saw no immediate need. The area seems safe. The pool is lovely. Facilities are spotless. Shopping is only a few blocks away. The on site store is stocked with many essentials. I stayed for 3 weeks for business, but I would return for a day or two next time in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
About 70% of this park are permanent residents, however, the sites for short term stays are up near the front of the park and almost all long pull-thrus. There are no shade trees and the spaces are about 10 ft. apart but plenty of room for slide-outs. The cable is poor, about 18 channels and all analog. The WIFI is pretty slow most of the time (too many users) but adequate for e-mail. Restrooms are older but quite clean and well maintained. The restrooms/laundry in the site area is accessible by key for a $10 deposit. There are also showers and restrooms behind the office and in the area of the pool which have code locks. They are a good long hike form the RV site area. Morgan Hill is a very nice up-scale community with good restaurants and plenty of shopping as well. This RV Park is located about 12 miles south of San Jose and a good 15 to 18 miles from downtown. Unfortunately there are very few RV Parks in the San Francisco Bay area. We would rate this one three stars out of five as a good place to stay for a few days. The price is particularly attractive given the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Maple Leaf RV Park
February 2012

question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes
February 2012
I did not stay here! I called in the morning to make a reservation for a one night stay and was told to come on in, no problem. Upon arrival I was told they do not accept overnight, but would make an exception. I paid for one night, but after seeing the site which had garbage bags and a parked car blocking the entrance, I got a refund and moved down the road. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2010
We were very pleased with this campground. The manager and his team are just awesome. We can not wait to come back again. Has wide sites, a pool, and a stocked store. Lots of camping fun. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
Our one-night stay here was a mixed experience. The staff who run the park and who assisted us in the office (2 men, 2 women) were some of the nicest, most courteous people we ever have met. Friendly, outgoing, helpful. They graciously answered our questions, and I saw one of them going over a map with another guest to provide helpful directions. The park itself, however, is below average. It is not really a place for vacationers, most of the park is set up for permanent (or at least very long-term) tenants. In fact, the parkway lakes web site (not the KOA site) specifically states that they are looking for long-term residents and the park reflects this emphasis. A few of the long-term have nice sites, but many are occupied by older, run-down RV's. Some of these residents have installed storage bins and/or storage lockers in their sites, which creates an unkempt appearance. Some of the sites have two or even three cars parked in and around the RV, and the sites really do not have space for this. There are overflow parking sites around the office/pool area, and these were mostly full of residents cars, as well. As a result, much of the park has an over-crowded feel to it. I should emphasize that the park is not dirty, the office, pool, and laundry areas were neat and tidy and the grounds were clean. Our site was adjacent to some older units that looked as if they had been there a long time. The site was old asphalt, with a straggly strip of grass on one side. Cable was available, but I was not able to use it because the connection required a coax cable with a female end. I have a coax cable with two male ends - one for my RV and the other for the park connection, this has been the standard hookup in every other park I ever have stayed in. I was not able to access the Wi-Fi in my site or in the office area. One of the staff graciously tried to help me get connected, but we were unsuccessful. He would have been happy to help me further, but I did not have the time, we had to hit the road. Plus, I knew the problem was not with my laptop since I connected successfully at every other campground and several hot-spot locations during our trip. The bottom line, I would rate the staff as a "10" and the park as a "2". We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Parkway Lakes RV Park
October 2014

yes  yes  no  yes  question  question  yes  question  no  yes
yes  question  no  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
October 2014
As other reviewers have stated, a very mixed bag of newer and older units. Lots of long term residents, sites for the most part are kept clean. Buildings are older, run-down and in need of some sprucing up. There are two free dump sites, honey wagon is $25, unless you need same day service, then its $50. Roads are dirt, lots of dust raised as people drive by. The camp hosts or staff are called "Rangers", not sure why, but apparently the attitude is "we are in charge". Too many rules, too many obnoxious, overbearing twenty year olds being put in charge, for me. I've stayed at plenty of RV parks that have the same rules, but aren't in your face about them. Won't stay here again, probably won't stay in another Thousand Trails after my experience here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
We are Thousand Trails Zone Pass members and stayed here 3 nights. It is the lowest rated Thousand Trails park we have been in so far. Staff didn't seem all that friendly or attentive. All amenities seemed to be functional, but the state of repair of most of the facility was sub par. Lots of little kids living there. My biggest complaint, however, was the trashy state of rigs and sites of the long term/permanent residents--rusty, dirty, wind-torn. This is the only park I've stayed in where I have ever truly been concerned for my safety and security. We parked in the far back portion of the park to get as far away from the long terms as we could. Very dusty sites required blocks to get level with our motor home. Not all sites had picnic tables. There were lots of sites with shade, although most of them were taken by long termers. We would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
This campground is a mixed bag. The location is handy, just 25 miles south of San Jose and the southern bay area. The campground facilities are pretty good. I’d say that the centerpiece is a large, nice pool. There’s also mini-golf, horseshoes, volleyball, and other nice features, all in pretty good shape. On the other hand the campsites are average at best. None have full hookups and many are rather crowded, with campsites basically back to back with no room between them. The 50 amp section not only has a $5 surcharge but those campsites are pretty tight. The section across the road from the pool is, I think, the best. It has larger campsites and is handy to much of the activity section of the facility. Several campsites are being leased to annuals and we felt that there was a larger percentage of older trailers in the campground than we usually see at Thousand Trails. Of course they are mixed in with the usual mix of 5th wheels and motorhomes. There are also three sections set aside specifically for tenters. We were in a 30 amp site and in the afternoons voltage drops into the 107-108 volt range. I think most people who want it manage to get a satellite signal and our Verizon is getting a 2 bar usable signal. In the booster cradle it hits a solid 4 bars. I gave the campground a 7 rating, but it's because I give it a 9 on facilities and a 5 on campsites. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Thousand Trails / Morgan Hill Preserve
March 2013

question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
March 2013
This park is a bit out in the country with some winding roads getting to the park. The positive side of that is that is very quiet and wonderfully dark. There are only a few RV spaces for over-nighters, so it is definitely advisable to make reservations. As noted, there are a lot of long term residents but that is not a problem; they were all quiet and respectful. There are a few sites that will get satellite. Our Verizon phone and data card worked well. The park has a very nice feel with a large green space and sites well-spaced. The manager was very efficient in getting us registered and accommodating our satellite needs. The utilities are all good, but spacing is a bit strange with sewer hookups located quite a ways away. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
This is not a bad campground but there is nothing to do that I could find except in San Jose more than 20 miles north. There you will find the Winchester Mystery House, a bizarre house built by the heiress to the Winchester Rifle Company. Do not count on getting any television channels because you are between two small mountains. Cell service seems to be okay though. Most of the people here are permanent, but they do seem to have close relationships. It gives the place a kind of homey feeling which is not bad. By the way, the showers are clean because you have to pay to use them. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Real nice park. Our shady site was waiting for us with a welcome pack & pen. Big pull threw site. Good power, very nice shady/grass area in the middle. A number of liveaboards, but very well kept. Very quiet park, a few miles off the hi way but a lot better then the parks closer. We will overnight it here again sometime. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Uvas Pines RV Park