Nearby Patterson, California (Air Miles)
Salt Grass Springs 73
Kit Fox RV Park
2014-10-22 01:25:20
Patterson, California
October 2014

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
October 2014
Price reflects Passport America rate. Friendly at front desk, we took a nice level pull-through with full hookups and cable TV. Park looks nicely maintained and there are restaurants within walking distance. Free Wi-Fi that worked very well. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2014
Very nice park right off interstate 5, but far enough you don't hear the traffic. The park is very clean and easy to navigate. The sites however are very close to each other. Other than that, it's a really nice campground. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
Fellow RV'ers from this general area recommended this park. I really wanted to like it. It offers a Passport America price break. Though not mentioned at the park's website or PA's, it is not honored on weekends. Because we were only staying one night and because we were going to unhook the dinghy to attend church the next morning, we opted for a back-in. Once assigned a site, my wife noticed a cluster of trees on the provided campground map next to our site. Asking about SATV clearance, she was told to use an adjacent site. (She was very pleased with the lady in the office.). Our 37' Class A with 3 slides was assigned a gravel site 36' long. (The back-ins all appear to be this size.) Power & water are on the back driver's portion of the pad, so subtract 3' from that. (Read that as probably ok for a towable, but not for most motorhomes.). A beautiful fruitless Mulberry's overhanging branches forced me to angle in a bit. Suffice it to say that to get completely off the road, not hit the power pedestal, stay on the gravel - barely - and not have tree branches smacking into the RV in the cool breeze . . . It was a tight fit. I've taken to not using the leveling jacks or extending the slides when staying only 1 night. I could not have extended the slides and still had room for the dinghy. Tow/towed vehicles are provided an asphalt parking place. Our CR-V's driver's side tires, in order to be able to open the car's passenger door, are right on the edge of the asphalt. Which is also the edge of the gravel slab for the next site. If that site is assigned to someone I will not be able to park the car at our site. After all this, I'm ready to give this park a 6. That was ready to go to a 5 when I asked an employee to trim a branch that would smack the RV if the wind increases. His first response was a begrudging willingness coupled to a warning that it would take awhile. Then he informed me that I should have parked more to the driver's side. Look again, friend! He did redeem himself by getting to the branch so quickly I never saw him do it. I'll throw an extra credit point in for that. I really wanted to like this park. It's ok at PA prices. If there's a next time, I'll try what they describe as 'long pull-thru sites room for slide outs' in their park map. They are longer. Do not appear any wider. This is a pretty park. it is a shame to award it the lowest rating I have given to date. But it is cramped & poorly designed in an area where it need not have been. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Kit Fox RV Park