User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Porterville, CA, California (Air Miles)
Nothing Nearby

6   8   9
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
April 2011
This is one of the most neglected COE campgrounds we've visited. The grass isn't cut often enough. Water spigots are as much as 40' from the sites. No speed limits are posted and drivers (including rangers and lake patrol) tend to speed through the campground. Park Rangers are indifferent and do not make eye contact. The check-in system needs help. Having said all that, the campground is laid out well, has spacious sites and fairly new amenities, including covered picnic tables. Our rate reflects our Golden Age 50% discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2010
Lake Success is pretty dry as are most of the lakes in this region during the winter. However, the California department of fish and game posts fishing reports/releases which makes this a popular spot for fishers. There is a restaurant/bar and boat launch here. I did not visit the bar it looks kind of rough to take kids to but OK for adults. The day camp area was under construction when I came but the small play ground was accessible and open. This is great for kids... looks like there is a shower/water play area during the summer as well. Power & water hook ups are available at the southern loop. The north loop was closed I'm not sure what’s up there. I dry camped so I'm going based on what the lakes website shows when I say 15 amp only. The power was suppose to have been turned off according to the ranger I called (for the off season) as well as the water but I noticed a 5er hooked up to the power. You do get a little highway noise from 190 here and it’s probably worse in the north loop but it didn't keep us up at night. If you’re in to fishing, traveling with a family I think this is a great spot to stop. I’m a local so I was surprised at the quality of the campground given its location. It’s pretty close to an Indian gaming casino as well. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2009
It's a really neat place to camp if you like fishing, boating or just to getaway from everyday life. The bathrooms are available in most areas of the park along with dumpsters. There are plenty of picnic tables everywhere with barbecue grills. It can get pretty hot in the summer due to very little shading. Surrounded by the foothills of the Sierra mountains with a nearby gas station and Springville just a few miles to the east. There is a playground in the middle of the park. I've stayed 5 nights and enjoyed it. I will definitely return again to camp. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.