Nearby Drake, Colorado (Air Miles)
Estes Park Chamber Reso
2013-05-27 18:21:11
Drake, Colorado
July 2011

July 2011
The management was not very friendly nor understanding. The park is not big rig friendly even though they say it is. They had to use a pole to raise a telephone line in order for me to get in and there is not very much room to maneuver around for big rigs. They told me once I got there that the only place my 40' Class A would fit was an overflow spot with water and elect. only @ $35 a night. If they would have told me that when I made the reservations I would have made other arrangements. When I questioned them on this they told me to leave immediately and not to come back. Believe me I will not return and do not recommend anyone to stay there. In order to go to town, closest of which is 13 miles, Estes Park, is over a very narrow and winding mountain road. 13 miles 30 to 45 minutes. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011

August 2011
Review removed by admin. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013

5   9   8   10   9   10   6   4
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
May 2013
We were looking for a "non Estes Park" spot. We had read positive "posts" prior to selecting this spot. Here's what you need to think of when selecting a campsite in this area of Colorado. 1. Do you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city? If so, this might be your selection. It is VERY rustic. When viewing the campground's website, we were given the impression that a restaurant, beer garden, dog run and other amenities were present. That is NOT the case. The owner, while incredibly friendly, has this real estate all up for sale. Hence, the restaurant is not open...neither is the beer garden. We have 2 dogs...and were very dissatisfied with the lack of area in which to walk them. I'm not sure where a "dog run" is located...per prior reviews. Since the owner has this all up for sale, the lots were overgrown and the picnic tables were in terrible disrepair. The "live" music that is provided on Saturday night, is not worth the 45 bucks a nite...but, again...Colorado tries to make up...in the summer months...what it loses in the long winter months...with their tourism. So, one really finds themselves choosing between two "evils". Cell service was non-existent...the campground does provide DSL service, which is lethargic to say the least. Free ice was a plus...and the wonderful sounds of the river side site...were relaxing and pleasant. In the end, we were glad that we were NOT in Estes Park for our stay...but, had to "swallow" some of the missing intended perks for the 45 bucks a nite. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
Great little CG, 10 miles from Estes and the Nat'l Park. Good utilities, nice spots on the river, though some are a little tight, super friendly/helpful manager, beautiful location, live music on Sat. nights, nice dog run area. It's a beautiful drive on the canyon road going into Estes or Longmont. We had limited cell service using our cell signal booster (Wilson Electronics), but it was good enough. There's no TV and satellite is somewhat limited. Being on the river is really nice. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Rustic Park. We enjoyed our premium site that was parallel to the river. The back in sites looked a bit tight but they did back to the river. We enjoyed evening fires with the camp host who is friendly and helpful. Wi-Fi was the fasted I have ever seen at any park. Our cell booster got us a weak signal with Verizon otherwise there is no cell service. The camp host has a phone for emergencies. The mountain water tasted GREAT!! Lots of wildlife (deer, mountain sheep & bear) to view and they stay on the other side of the river. Small park and there are some year round residents. We looked at other parks in Estes but in our opinion they were no better. So we stayed here an extra week. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Stage Stop RV Campground