Nearby Glenwood Springs, Colorado (Air Miles)
River'S Restaurant
2014-07-19 02:42:41
Glenwood Springs, Colorado

question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question
Long pull-through sites although built into the mountain were level. It was pretty tight navigating and tackling the hills. We managed with our 35' fifth wheel. We stayed for two nights. It was quiet except for the trains (no horns though). There is a short trail from the park with great views to walk the dogs. No wifi. Staff was friendly and eager to offer suggestions on what the area had to offer. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
What a view!! Although the park is short on amenities, due to the location, it is breathtaking. I love the mountains. Restrooms were clean & staff is friendly. Could not use my air card or the WiFi but wasn't surprised. It is the mountains after all. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
A mere four miles from a bit of paradise in the largest mineral pool - Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. The campground roads are asphalt, the sites are mostly pull-through gravel, and all are stacked up the hill that is this campground. All the entire campground is cut into the mountain, so the sites are narrow and have no grass. The trees shading our trailer kept temperatures pleasant, and I enjoyed a peaceful evening outside. It was pleasant seeing the Colorado River and Horse Mountain over the top of the trailers downhill from us. The interstate highway traffic noise is consistent, somewhat muted and not annoying, and did not disturb my sleep. Lots of outdoor activities surround the area. I will return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Ami's Acres Campground

yes (River)
no  question  yes  no  question  question  yes  no  yes  question
no  question  yes  no  question  question  yes  no  question  question
This resort has a great location, right along the Colorado River and convenient to town, looks tired and a little worn though. From a resort point of view, it has rafting and zip lining, deluxe and basic cabins as well as RV and tent sites. We stayed in our 26 ft travel trailer at one of the riverfront sites. The first thing I noticed in our site on arrival was an old shower sandal that looked like it was sitting there for awhile. These sites are quite narrow with our awning almost touching the trailer next to us. The sites are also really short. We managed to fit but ideally I would think 20 ft or less would be better. The riverfront sites offer water/electric but no sewer, not a biggie for a couple of days. There are sites up the hill that are full service and accompany larger RVs. I would stay in one of those next time, just because of size. Unfortunately the full service non river sites don't have a fire pit. Our site did but I was a little concerned the smoke from our fire would go in the neighbor's trailer due to how small the sites are. As for maintenance the park isn't horrible but looks like it could be a little better maintained. Bathrooms are cleaned three times a day but those nearer the river sites appear to be in need of an upgrade and more thorough cleaning staff. They just don't look or smell clean. I noticed the other set of bathrooms that have the laundry and internet cafe are much nicer. The thing we really didn't like though was when we reserved we had to pay for our entire stay; most places we stay just ask for first night's deposit. In addition to full payment, refunds aren't given if you cancel or check out early. Like most places around here the price is fairly expensive but that's too be expected in a tourist area. For the price I was expecting a little more polished. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
It is OK as a campground but not even close to a resort. The river sites are for tents or very small campers. We have a 42' motorhome, we were given a site on the "Big Rig" hill, back-in 80'. Not even close to 80', maybe 60'. Awning hit the tree branches, only choice we had otherwise couldn't open the front slide. Sites are marked off by medium size boulders and small boulder type rock all around the site. My adult daughter tripped on a boulder and sprained her ankle. There is no dog walk. The big attraction is the ease of getting rafting arrangements, zip line and rock climb wall on the property. Outdoor restaurant, very expensive, onion rings $9.95, ice cream bar was $4 in the store. Wi-Fi on the hill worked OK but very slow. Hot Springs pool close by, short drive to Aspen. Price reflects $5 a day charge for each dog and one extra person. Since we stayed weekdays Monday-Wednesday, it is overpriced. It is a tourist town but if you get away from the main intersection there are some fast food restaurants. This is not an overnight stay place, if you enter the park after dark you will not be able to figure out how to get around. It is a good family place for the kids and teens if they don't fall on the boulders! Won't be back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice park. Built into a hillside. Clean and modern bathrooms. The staff could be a little bit more accommodating. When I walked in to register, I got the feeling I was interrupting something. They charged $5.00 for my Jack Russell Terrier and taxed that! Not sure that is on the up and up. Be sure to by Ice before you get there. They have the record for the most expensive 8 pound bag at $4.68 a bag. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Glenwood Canyon Resort