Nearby Granite, Colorado (Air Miles)
Rhodes Warm Spring 75
2010-09-19 23:25:59
Granite, Colorado
September 2010

September 2010
This is a difficult place to rate because its not a typical RV park. The cabins were built first, and the two RV sites were put in much later as an afterthought. We and other relatives have been staying here for many years in the cabins, and we only found out last year that they have the RV sites. Both sites are back-in and you have to back down a small road, so I don't know if a very large rig (40'+) would make it, but maybe it could. Both sites have 20 amp electric only and no other hookups. (the electric pole wasn't working in our site, so I used the one next door) The sites are not very level, so be sure to have blocks and/or levelers. I can recommend this place for an RV, especially if you have other guests staying in the cabins, or if you need electric and want to be very close to the great fishing at Twin Lakes/Forebay, otherwise, I'd recommend either the National Forest campgrounds further up the road (summer only) or the other campgrounds in Leadville or Buena Vista. Keep in mind, we only paid $10.00/night. Note: this does not affect this review, but the cabins are clean with comfortable beds. The appliances are very dated, but functional. I would recommend staying in them if you are looking for a fully furnished cabin with showers and kitchenettes. We camped here in a Motorhome.