206886 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby La Veta, Colorado (Air Miles)
Log Haven Lodge
La Veta, Colorado

yes (Stream)
question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
Things have definitely changed from an other review back in 2004 that I saw on Google+. First of all it USED TO BE part of a Motel, Restaurant & RV campground. The Circle the Wagons RV Park is NOW ONLY an RV Park about 1/4 mile past the Motel / RV park which is ugly and has the name. Be careful. There is a world of difference. It's easy to mix up two different campgrounds - the other campground & Circle the Wagons due to GPS. We pulled into the campground first, by mistake. No one was in the office so I started to go to the restaurant building where the sign said CLOSED. A man came out & I asked him if he knew where we could park. He told us the site number & said we could pay later. When we got hooked up I still was unable to see anyone around & I needed the Password for the internet so I called the phone number found in my Good Sam App for Circle the Wagons. I needed to leave a message. The call was returned within 15 min by a very nice lady & during our conversation we discovered that we were at the other campground and not in the Circle the Wagons RV Park which is only 1/4 mile, or less further south on route # 12 (aka 2nd St). We quickly unplugged & beat it over to the Circle the Wagons RV Park which is lovely. Lots of trees. wide sites, mostly quite level, great internet signal, friendly owner which hasn't yet been here a year. She explained why the mix up between the two campgrounds which I needn't go into here. Just be sure you don't pull into the other campground when you have this better choice. I have no idea of the cost for the other campground. There was no one to ask & I don't even know if they had internet. The 30 amp site at Circle the Wagons was $29.60 including tax & a 78 cents charge for using a credit card. It is NOT a Good Sam Park yet but should be because of it's amenities & cleanliness. Our site #3 was a back-in with a small river behind us...a quickly moving river so no mosquitoes. A big storm came in & we lost power, but it was fixed within 1/2 hr. We were in a travel a travel trailer & WOULD definitely stay here again. This time we were just passing through & only stayed one night. I'm SO glad we moved from the other campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a friendly quiet family run park. The owners are the best, and having recently purchased the park are working daily to make it even nicer. Deer daily in the park and a great dog run. Although there are no pull thru sites the road is so wide with sweeping turns that I easily backed in our 38' fifth wheel. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2013
I'd give this a 10, but since it doesn't have cable or pull-throughs, I figured some would take issue with it. The new owners have only been here a month, but have have done a great amount of work. Everything has a fresh coat of paint; all sites are well groomed with fresh gravel everywhere, with grass between sites. Sites are level, and hookups are excellent. Very helpful owners. Nicely treed with plenty of clearance for rigs with some sites open without trees. 50 and 30 amp available with clean power. 50 amp sites all back up to babbling brook. We loved our stay and will definitely return. Great mountain views from sites. A great experience. This is a quaint, quiet campground, not a resort. Close to lots of things for day trips. Don't miss the Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park an hour away. I'd praise it even more, but I want my site available when I return......just kidding, we love it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Circle The Wagons RV Park & Motel

yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes
What a perfect little RV park! We were in the area looking for an RV park, and our GPS showed this one. We stayed here 2 nights, but we could have easily stayed longer. The views are simply spectacular from the park. Across the road is a golf course in perfectly kept condition. The mountains behind are lovely. This place was so quiet with deer sitting on the grass outside the trailer when we got up in the morning. It was such a wonderful surprise to find this great RV park. It is small. but it has everything you need. The wi-fi was great. There are washers and dryers. It is a good RV park to stay at to explore the beautiful drive along the Highway of Legends (Hwy 12) from Walsenburg to Trinidad, CO. Will definitely go here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
This is our second trip to this park. We have stayed at the other two parks in La Veta and find this one the best for our needs. Elk Valley is the newest and nicest cared for. However, it is for sale and you can never tell if the new owners will be as nice or keep it as nice. The golf course is right across the road and great for walking your dog off the leash. There were 13 bucks in the RV park right behind our trailer the first night and 8 does the next morning. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2011
Stayed one night on our way to Gunnison. Quiet park, good place to walk at the golf course across the street. Nice grassy area for each site. Wi-Fi strength was good. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Elk Valley RV Park and Fly Shop

8   8   10   8   10
yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes
May 2013
What a nice little park. Nothing fancy about it at all, and the amenities are limited, but the owners are friendly as can be, the park itself is neat as a pin, and it's very quiet. The sites are somewhat smallish and lots of trees mean you'll have to be a little extra careful getting in/out of the sites, but I didn't see anyone have a serious problem, even with big rigs. The WiFi was strong and steady. The tiny village of La Veta has its charm, and the surrounding countryside is beautiful. I'd come back in a heartbeat. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2012
Charming little park made better by the owners and staff. They treat you like family the entire time you're there. The sites are tight if the park is full but while we were there, that only happened on the weekend. Nice mountain breezes so we didn't need to run our A/C. There is no 50 amp service at this park, so the breezes were appreciated. No OTA TV signal. Very poor Verizon signal but very good free Wi-Fi! The town is quaint and charming also. Many galleries and little shops. Much to see and do in the area. Highly recommend this park! We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
This is a great park with a friendly and helpful staff. The sites are gravel, many with grass and lots of shade trees. This is a great place to spend the summer! This price reflects the monthly rate. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lucy's Place RV Park