Nearby Monument, Colorado (Air Miles)
Conoco Fuel
Colorado Heights Camping Resort-19575 Monument Hill Rd
Us Air Force Academy
Peregrine Pines Famcamp
Farish Rec Area
8250 Razorback Rd
Greeting Card Design And
Sams Club 1850 E Woodman Rd (Located To Block)
Pro Rodeo Hall Of Fame A
Colorado Heights Camping Resort
2014-09-28 05:36:39
Monument, Colorado
September 2014

yes  question  yes  question  yes  no  question  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  no  question  question  yes  question
September 2014
Read the other review from Sept. 2014. Office is only open from 9 to 4. This park starts to cut back greatly after Labor Day. Everything was closed on this "resort". It is a large park with numerous restrooms, if you are here during their season. Got a site in the north 40 and the only restroom and shower were just inside the entrance. Wi-Fi is spotty and drops off even when it looks like you have a strong connection. Road noise from I-25 is present but not too bad at night unless you get a spot close to it. Water pressure is poor! The pressure pulsates from 20 to 35 psi. This is a known problem and they have attempted to fix it before. Keep the park map in your vehicle so that you don't end up on a dead end! Too expensive for the value provided! We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
First, the woman on the phone when I called to check availability was very helpful and accommodating. I was going to arrive right at dusk and needed full hookups. She gave me a site number over the phone to expedite my after hours check-in and I really appreciated that. We discussed the size of my rig - 42' - and my desire for a pull-through so I would not need to unhook. That was the good part. We actually got there quite a bit later due to traffic, etc., and it was windy and heavy mist/drizzle. We gabbed a map and proceeded to our pre-assigned site. The interior roads were very narrow, winding and lined with trees. We had a long trip to our site around the park and through a rabbit warren - luckily we were intercepted halfway there by the brand new night manager. He helped us find our site - but a big rig pull-through it was not - not even remotely. There was no way I could make the more than 90 degree turn on the road leading to the site which was shorter than my MH - never mind the truck. The night manager went looking for something big enough for us and found a 30 amp on the opposite end of the park - over the river and through the woods, up and down some hills - where we did fit and had to unhook and back in. The roads/sites up there were heavy sand which was wet - and cakey. I would not recommend this place for a "big rig" after my experience. Arriving in daylight and dry conditions might temper that opinion. It was right on the highway with corresponding noise, which was another downside. Did not use Wi-Fi, bathrooms, or laundry. The price was way too high for the aggravation of trying to use the park and just needing a safe place for the night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Park nestled in forested area, hearing distance from interstate freeway. Some roads paved, some dirt. Nice, friendly getaway campground. (Nightly rate for us is $0 as we are members.) We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Colorado Heights Camping Resort
December 2005

question  yes
question  yes
December 2005
Went online to check out this campground and discovered that their web site has announced: Campground sold to housing contractor. CLOSED Too bad, urban sprawl takes its toll. We camped here in a Tent.
September 2004
This is a nice park about 1 mile off I-25. Be sure to follow the directions in the Trailer Life Directory. If you go straight to it from I-25, there is a dip in the street that could get you into trouble. Sites are gravel, level, of adequate size for a big rig & easy to get in to. Roads are gravel & wide enough. Laundry & showers are clean. There are a few trees, but they cause no problems. Visual appeal is average. The lake was dry due to the drouth when we were there. There is a railroad track about 1/4 mile away & you do get some train noise. We would go back to this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.