206673 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Salida, Colorado (Air Miles)
City Park
Four Seasons RV Resort
2013-09-15 19:31:46
Salida, Colorado

yes (River)
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Camping here for 6 nights. We could not plug into the 110 on our pole. They could not fix. Said they would have to shut down part of the park. Told us to use our neighbors. Also, on Saturday the laundry had a temporarily closed sign on it. I asked how long it would be closed and they said through Labor Day (which would be Monday). The park was full and they had to watch the water pressure. Well that is not temp it is closed. That is closed for 3 days. Last, they tell you when you check in to please keep your dogs off of the grass (what little grass their is). They even have signs posted, No Dogs on Grass. I asked why and they said their urine kills the grass. I have never heard such. They have two places for your dogs to potty and it is weeds and rocks. Yea right, like my little Yorkshires are going to go there. They went on the grass and I think it was greener when I left. Do not think I will be returning here. Also, the fire ring for you to use is right by the dumpster. Don't think so. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed 3 weeks at this park, so we did get 3 free nights. Enjoyed our stay very much. Road noise is very minor if you are down on the lower part of the park. Some of the sites are very close together, particularly if you have a river site. We prefer to not have a site right on the river, as they are very tight to get into and quite close together. We were across the road and had a very nice site. Tengo Internet was down completely for several days when we arrived. At best it was slow most of the time and almost unusable at night when everyone returned to the park. There was only one tower, and I believe that this is the reason so many parks have bad service with Tengo. Staff was super. As stated by others, TV was not too good, mostly cooking shows and PBS which showed the same thing over and over. We could get ABC also. Not much for kids to do, other than ride bikes. No exercise facilities, but the city has a very nice Aquatic Center where you can swim for a fee. Great place for a base camp to explore the many beautiful places nearby. We have been here several times before and plan to be back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I liked this campground very much, but not our site. Park is clean, quiet, and right on the Arkansas River. Bathrooms & laundry room were clean, but had a funky smell (maybe from the water?). Our kids managed to keep themselves entertained here, but we really didn't spend too much time in the park. With all of Colorado that is readily accessible from this location, we spent most of our days elsewhere. But coming home and sleeping to the sound of the river or wasting away a morning fishing right behind my site were real treats. Staff were very friendly & helpful, even loaned me some small tools to fix a problem I had with my toad lights. My only complaint was that our site, number R17, is at a 90 degree angle to the one next to it, R16. That site's sewer & water hookups were literally under our picnic table and a large RV that was backed into the site took up most of the river-front portion of our site. So avoid R17 when you book, but otherwise we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Four Seasons RV Resort