219081 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Lebanon, Connecticut (Air Miles)
Lake Williams Cg
Eastern Connecticut Stat
474 Boston Post Rd
Wal-Marti-395:80W;80 220 Salem Turnpike (Located To Block)
Kensington
University Of Connecticut
Nickerson Park
Mohegan Sun 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd. Uncasville Ct 06382 860-862-8000 (Located To Street)
Naval Submarine Base - N
Gillette Castle State P
Connecticut
Lebanon
Lake Williams Campground
2014-08-19 01:03:02
Lebanon, Connecticut

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
The Camp Store is an old dingy cement block building with dilapidated furniture, poor game room, and lacks amenities. The owner charges $20 for gate key which they said would be refunded when I checked out. Also charges extra for cable hook up. Owner refused to return gate fee, after discovering a math error. Owner needs every dollar even though I paid for the site in full when I checked in. The site I stayed was muddy with other nearby sites harboring debris attracting insects. This place is not worth staying. The only good things were the lake and leaving this tired run down place! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
This is the cleanest, friendliest campground I have been to in this area. My children were so happy between being able to bring our dog and have him swim in their doggy beach, all the activities like face painting and hayrides, and the swim beach for themselves. Huge field for the kids to play. I was happy with sites, fire pit on each site and a picnic table. Clean showers and bathroom. Their owner was so nice and accommodating. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
I camped here the July 4th weekend. I can honestly say that it was the best time I have ever had at a campground. The thing that I loved the most is all the events. They had a live DJ playing Friday night along with a big fire. It was very fun. A lot of people showed and we all danced and watched the fire. The DJ was amazing, he took any request. He played songs from the 80's to today's hip hop. They also had face painting, a petting zoo (goats,horse,bunny,cow), wiffle ball, a hayride, and to end the weekend they had a pancake breakfast. The staff was very nice and was always available. I can't wait to go again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lake Williams Campground
May 2012

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
May 2012
Loved this campground. Staff was very nice. The pool was nice. The campground is well kept. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2011
We stayed here on memorial day weekend. We were a bit disappointed with the lack of activities for a holiday weekend. My children had a great time with bike decorating and the bike parade but, that was about it. There was a craft activity (bring your own craft), line dancing (about 4 people), and a saturday evening dance (I think the same 4 people there) - That was it! The pool was a bit cloudy and very cold. The temp is understandable but, cleanliness is inexcusable. We stayed in the 70's section. Water and electric services are not located in normal positions. We had to go to Walmart and purchase a 30 amp extension cord to reach. The circuit blew a number of times if running AC and microwave. The beach and lake were OK to look at but, I would not let my kids swim in it, nor did they want to as it was very mucky. Another complaint is that there is only one bathroom at the pool/pavilion area. It also contains a shower. Plan on a long wait if you gotta go. If you do go here, consider the safari field. It looked MUCH better but, community fire pits only. I don't see us returning here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2010
This was an awesome campground. It has very friendly staff and campers. Great sites: get a waterfront one, they are so beautiful. It's very clean everywhere. Has super clean showers and restrooms. Staff was very nice and super accommodating. Would definitely recommend and would love to stay here again! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Water's Edge Campground