206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Sterling, Connecticut (Air Miles)
New England Center For C
State Line Camping Resort-1639 Hartford Pike
Rpi- Ct Stateline Camp Resort (Resort Camperland) 1639 Hartford Pike East Killingly
Oak Embers Cg
2012-05-27 18:31:44
Sterling, Connecticut
May 2012

1   5   2   1   1
question  no  question  no  no
question  question  question  no  question
May 2012
We were shocked at the condition of this campground. Drove in and right back out. Did use the restroom, and it was clean, but I was over come by the smell of Lestoil cleaner! Play ground was on dirt with no mulch, grass, pea stone, etc. Sites are one on top of the other, and the roads are terrible. I am notifying KOA to go and inspect this campground. You would even have difficulty riding a bicycle. NOT a typical KOA campground. Do not go to this campground! We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
Our site was adequate. We had huge rocks to drive over, but once we were set up, we had a nice view of the road. We enjoy when they have a burger shack so we can enjoy not cooking occasionally. Unfortunately, the burger/ice cream shack "Bubbas" that they advertise never opened and they told me it's because of the economy. I was disappointed in the condition of the pool. It was also very cold. There is nobody to pick up trash. We had to drive it to the back of the campground which was an extremely rutted road. That was a terrible inconvenience. There were no activities for any children to participate in. There is a nice playground though. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2010
This was our first trip to this campground. We went with another couple. I had to send multiple emails to get answers to my questions. Two days before arriving, I still had not gotten the information about final prices due to "bring a friend, camp 1/2 price" that was listed on the website, but not verbally told to us on the phone. Upon arriving, my husband and the other husband camping with us had a terrible time getting into the sites. They were far to small for our 35' fifth wheels. If we had not been with the other couple, we would not have been able to use our fire ring, canopy or picnic table. As it was, we used the empty site next to use for the campfire due to the small sites. On Saturday, we went up to the store between 9:30 and 10:00, but it was closed. There wasn't any firewood and we ended up going to another campground to look around and buy wood there. The DJ was to start at 7:00, but it was much later before that happened. Dogs were howling around the clock for 2 1/2 days. I was double charged for one site even though several emails confirmed that both sites would receive the 1/2 price for the weekend. It is not a place that I would recommend if you want activities or have a large camper. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Sterling KOA