Nearby Georgetown, Delaware (Air Miles)
Sussex County Airport
Georgetown, Delaware

9   8   8   10
yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes
This is the second time I have camped here. It is a very clean and friendly park. The only drawback is that there isn't any cable TV for rainy days. But, we are camping so I can live with that. The seasonal people are very friendly. There is a great playground for the kids. Also 2 dog parks. Several, easy drive, miles from the crowded shore area. A real gem in southern Delaware. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a clean campground with a very friendly and helpful staff. We used this park as a one-night-stand, and didn't use really any of the park amenities, so I can't accurately comment on those. However, they had a nice playground area for the kids, nice looking pool, and a water-soak area for the kiddos to play in. There's a lot of seasonal residents, but the few we encountered were friendly enough. The transient sites are pull-throughs and are LONG! My rig is almost 60' bumper to bumper hooked-up, and I swear I could've fit a car in front and in back of us once we were pulled in. I can't imagine even the longest of rigs not fitting into one of these sites. These sites are a little narrow perhaps, though we didn't have anyone on either side of us (those sites that were occupied were staggered so as not to unnecessarily crowd each other - kudos!). These sites are wide open, so no trees or shade - maybe a downer for long, hot summer days. But for those who have satellite TV, I can't imagine reception issues. The sites are all grass in this area, and a LITTLE sandy, but not overtly so. We didn't go into the camp store (got there after it closed and left before it opened) so can't comment on that, sorry. Nice pavilion near the front gate and seems like they have some good activities. This park gets good marks for cleanliness, well maintained, long pull-through sites, and helpful staff. The park itself is out in the middle of farmland, so if you're wanting a campground close to the "action", this probably isn't your place. But if you want to be 15-20 minutes from the DE shoreline, and away from the crowds, this is a great option. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Camped in a 35 foot RV. Site E 35 is easy access, spacious, grass, level, with tree shade until late afternoon. Good Wi-Fi at site on arrival date, but no access on two subsequent days due to equipment failure. About 11 antenna TV stations. Adult and family pools and splash pad looked clean but did not use them. Lawn games and billiard tables. Laundry and bath houses clean. Quiet. Convenient to beaches. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Homestead Campground