Nearby Millsboro, Delaware (Air Miles)
3 Seasons Rv Resort
2013-08-12 12:59:01
Millsboro, Delaware

question  yes  no  question  no  no  yes  yes  no  no
question  yes  no  question  no  no  yes  yes  no  no
This campground needs maintenance. Roads are bad and sites are sometimes covered with leaves. Pool is nice though. It is in a very nice forest and people were very friendly. If you like a neat and clean place, you won't like it. But if you prefer a quiet spot in the woods, you might like it. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
May 2011
We went here for the Memorial Day weekend. Large shaded sites. Unfortunately, they were covered with dried leaves and sand fleas. The fleas covered everything and everyone by 9 am each morning. All amenities - pool, activities, wildlife viewing, petting areas, etc were a 20 minute bike ride from our site. Gate that led to amenities was supposed to be unlocked, but was only unlocked once for 6 hours. Paid for full hookups, but sewer was only a pipe (no cap on many of the sites) laying sideways on the ground. When we or the neighboring sites dumped, odors were horrific. Would not recommend this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011
Well, I booked this trip BEFORE I read the reviews - almost a big mistake. First, the roads are as bad advertised. I have a 26' TT, and the twisting, very bumpy roads consistently put me within inches of trees on both sides. Drive VERY slow and you can make it, but I have no idea how a big rig can get through there. My biggest complaints about the park all took place within the first 2 hours of check in. The lady at the front desk gave me a map and in big black marker showed me exactly where to go to get to my site. If you go, DO NOT FOLLOW HER INSTRUCTIONS! These are pull through sites (if that's what you want to call them), so I followed her instructions. Very nearly got stuck / damaged my TT following the road the WRONG way (you needed to loop around and come from the other direction). So I get to my site, and it is a mess! It was a former seasonal site, and was full of trash, concrete cinder blocks, broken up sewer hose, etc. The sewer hookup (only found it by tracing the old sewer hose, under a pile of leaves) was about 50' from the water and electric, they were on opposite corners of the lot. After 20 minutes of trying to figure it out, I called back to the office and moved a couple spots up to where I could make it work. There were all seasonals around me, and an abandoned trailer in the next site (someone just dragged it there on flat tires, broken awning, etc). The site was a good sized lot, and flat. So that's the bad part, but this place kind of grew on me. The seasonal neighbors were all friendly and helpful, the pool was decent, and the location was excellent. They have a large animal area with goats, deer, and donkeys. There is another area with three very big peacocks and a lookout platform that looks out over the marsh area. The tower was a death trap, though - don't let small kids go unattended! This park is very large, and broken up in 2 large sections. We stayed in the section closest to the main gate and camp store. The sites in this area (the park looked ~90% full) were ALL seasonals, so that may account for the difficulties I had getting set up. The other section might be a little more over-night friendly. The bathhouse was OK, but was a horror-show one morning, so I never went back. (I don't blame the park for the disgusting behavior of some people) I can understand the low ratings, based on the frustration I felt the first day. But this isn't that bad of a place, and is probably a great place to have a seasonal (it's pretty cheap). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Holly Lake Campsites