220931 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Rehoboth Beach, Delaware (Air Miles)
3 Seasons Rv Resort
Rehoboth Beach
Delaware Seashore State Park
2014-09-13 01:21:38
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Nice park with decent sized sites. As mentioned in other reviews, this is a cash only park which would have been nice to know before we got there. There is a no-fee ATM at the convenience store right down the street. The location was super convenient to several beaches, shopping, and restaurants. My only complaint is that the cable did not work unless we fed the cord from the box in through a window, which meant leaving the window open and it did rain while we were gone so we had a mess to clean up, but no water damage. The Wi-Fi never worked and they tried to tell me that it was my phone and Kindle that were the problem. I was able to get a connection on both when I left the campground and went to a public Wi-Fi spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
We stayed here as it is the closest campground to Rehoboth Beach. We weren't looking for a traditional camping experience, instead we camped as an alternative to a hotel. We were there to go to the beach. That being said we had a good stay. Since it was after Labor Day, the pool was closed. We kind of expected that but our kids could have enjoyed it. Our site was wooded and we asked for that. Many of the transient sites are out in the open though. Most of the sites are seasonal/permanent. The road through the campground is tight - I felt lucky to leave without hitting a tree and my TT is only 21'. Our site was sandy and not entirely level. A staff member helped me back in - no pull-throughs here. I used leveling blocks but they actually sunk into the sand. The sewer hookup was far to the rear of the site, and there wasn't enough of a drop so I needed to 'help' the black water make its way to the outlet. As I was preparing to leave I couldn't remove my sewer adapter from their connection. I ran to the office to ask for a strap wrench, and within a few minutes an employee showed up with a wrench. Staff was friendly and the campground is family-owned. We would stay there again. Only real negative was the cable TV - they recently re-wired everything and you can get a cable box for a deposit. The service would sometimes stop and an error message would appear. Don't know if this is something Big Oaks can control. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
Mostly seasonal, small, oldish campground. Must pay cash & you never get an email or letter that they received your "check" for deposit. They never send or give you a campground map. Sites are very close. Difficult to get our 39ft RV in the site, even in the so called "big" sites. Has the basic amenities on a small scale. Staff is friendly. Store is full of confederate stuff, did not bother us. Bathrooms old, but clean. Parking is horrible in Rehoboth beach. Chose this campground so we could "ride our bikes to the beach." This ride is longer than they tell you. The bike trail is lovely, but once you hit the town, very difficult to ride to the beach. Wouldn't do it with small kids. We did it only once, then had to drive. Would check out other campgrounds in the area if we were to come to Rehoboth again, since the ride to the beach did not work. Just OK. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Big Oaks Family Campground
September 2014

yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
Prime location so they jam as many spaces in to the area available, but there were never any issues with noise or rowdiness, and everyone we met was nice. Staff was courteous and friendly, including the camp hosts. Small camp store on site. Like the area just wouldn't want to visit "in season". Would definitely visit again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I love this park. You can not beat the location or the price. Yes it is like a big sandy parking lot, no trees at all. So if you want to sit at your campsite and not venture out, this might not be the place for you. If you want to sit on the beach, then you can walk there. Head to Bethany or Rehoboth, both a short drive, walk along the inlet-pretty wild watching the water rage. Go across to the north side of the inlet, Hammerheads II has live music/happy hour, or catch the fishing boat that runs twice a day. The park offers kayak trips also. I look forward to coming here every year. My only complaint would be that they should put a little effort into the existing campsites, fill in the low spots, fix the roads, etc. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Sites at this campground are wide open, very narrow and just long enough for larger units. Poor drainage appeared to be an issue at several sites, although you can only do so much when surrounded by water and the land is nearly flat. This campground has few amenities and frills, but most people are here for the excellent location and access to all the shore has to offer. Recently constructed sidewalks provide easy access to the state park beach, and other improvements, including a path along the inlet, are under construction. The value this campground provides is tough to beat. We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
Display older reviews for Delaware Seashore State Park