Nearby Alachua, Florida (Air Miles)
Mr Han
2649 Nw 13Th St
Kanapaha Botanical Garden
3750 Sw Archer Rd
Sovereign
Sams Club 2801 Nw 13Th St (Located To Zip)
County Fair
Travelers Campground
2014-09-22 20:51:32
Alachua, Florida
September 2014

question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
September 2014
This is one of my favorite campgrounds. I love to walk, and the trees and rolling hills of green grass are lovely. The animals are fun too. There is a bird rescue area for exotics. At first I was worried about them squawking all night, but I guess they sleep too when it's nighttime. The people are very nice and are so alert as to what's going on in the park. They escort you to your site and help with the hookups, and then as soon as someone leaves, they are right on it. The parking for overnighters does seem strange but it wasn't a problem for us. The laundry room was immaculate. Everything was well-maintained. We will return because of the hard work and attention of the workers and the overall ambiance. Well done, Traveler's! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We just stayed there and found it to be a beautiful and exceptionally well-run place to stay. Granted, it was off-season so there were no issues with the parking arrangement. The grounds were immaculately mowed, the office well-stocked with items campers need, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The animals were fun, especially the heehaw of the donkey. With I-75 closeby it was fast and easy to get into Gainesville. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
I'm not really sure how to rate this CG. We only stayed for a short time to gain access to the springs and parks, plus Gainesville. It was a good location for that. The CG is divided into 3 areas - permanents, part-timers, and short-term. The short-term area was in long lines, with maybe 5 RVs spaces in each row. If you were not the first one in the line, you had to pull around the ones in front - which meant either going down a slight incline or going up a slight incline. On the way in there is an off/set speed bump that will knock everything out of your cupboard. There is a speed bump at the very exit, which is an odd place to have one. However , it is very easy on/off 75 and I noted a lot of big rigs over nighting. For families, there are animals to see and a parrot aviary. I was not so wild about the noisy parrot activity. At least they are quiet at night. People were very friendly and the bottom line is if I needed to be in this area again, I would use it. However, my husband says he doesn't need to see those speed bumps anytime soon! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Travelers Campground