Nearby Cross City, Florida (Air Miles)
Suwannee River Hideaway Cg
Cross City, Florida

6   6   7   1
question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  question
This park has both good and bad points. it's hard to get in and out. Also, the staff aren't good at giving directions, and one bad turn, you're stuck in pure sand! The good is that it's a fun park. The music camp for kids is the best I've ever seen, and one I'd recommend to every parent. You'll be amazed at what your child learns in just three days. People are nice here, but warning, people often come here to party, so it can get loud/rowdy. The experience was overall great, and we'll likely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2010
Campground was adequate for an overnight stay. Individual in the office was very friendly. He led us to our campsite which was a good thing since we drove through a field: no road of any sort to access our site. I have no problems with paying a small amount extra for more than two adults but $5 per adult extra is a little much! Nightly rate for 2 adults is $27. Site was sandy. Swimming pool is under construction. Bathrooms were clean but small: two showers and one toilet. Overpriced for what we got! We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2009
The previous horrible review was 2 years ago. This campground is under new ownership and they are working hard to make it nice. I asked for an open site for my roof top satellite and they were very accommodating. My Verizon phone worked to get on line with a strong EVDO signal. It's right along 98, so not searching for it. No road noise. There were quite a few full time residents, but all were very nice, quiet and respectful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Southern Comfort Campground