Nearby Holt, Florida (Air Miles)
Eagles Landing
2014-06-12 16:02:08
Holt, Florida

yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
This is a very clean and beautiful campground. The interpretive trails are nice with lots of nice long bridges for the low areas. There is a small beach on the river, although the trail to it was flooded when I was there. There is additional access just down the road a short distance through the public use area. There is a posting to watch for "Gators", but it is Florida after all. I paid $20 per night plus tax via ReserveAmerica, not bad for full hook-ups. Lots of shade, most sites wide enough for large RV and toad side by side on the level pea gravel. The exceptions are sites 1, 2, and 4, which are smaller and have less shade. Cloths lines are provided along with both a fire pit and cooking grill. The playground has shade too. Most sites have vegetation between them so the seem private also nice spacing between. Sites 5, 6, and 29 have concrete pads, though they must be for handicapped campers. I was surprised to get most of my Dish Satellite channels, as my AT&T Internet fluctuated from 0 to 3 bars at my campsite. There is overnight parking for big rigs in the public use area for $5.33 per night. I would have given it a 9 or 10 except that the only dumpster I could find was in the public use area (quite a hike with a bag of trash) and the inconvenience of the registration office being only open between 5-7. The campground is well marked in both directions from I-10. You'll get on HWY 90 and turn at Deaton Bridge Rd (also signage for the park), drive about 3 miles on a decent road over a couple of bridges to the park, then about 2-3 miles to the campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
This was a wonderful state park with paved interior roads, 30 level gravel sites, strong 50-amp power, and water to all of them. Book this one early, it is very popular! Sites were spacious and widely separated from neighbors. All sites had sewer, a table, and a fire pit with firewood for sale at the ranger station at a reasonable price. The reception to our Verizon phones and MiFi unit was good. It was mostly quiet during our stay, and we enjoyed bird-watching and taking several long walks. There was a canoe rental company just down the road that offered rides from our car to the starting point, then we just paddled a few miles back to our car and took off - this activity is not to be missed! Bathrooms were clean and nice, as were the showers. Grocery stores and other businesses were quite a distance from this isolated park, so come prepared with plenty of supplies. We would have rated it higher except for a couple of items. The rangers were rarely available except in the evenings, which was inconvenient when we wanted to ask questions about hiking or other area attractions. The hiking maps that were offered were useless and trail head markers were non-existent. The other downside was the military helicopters flying over at low altitude almost constantly on several days during our week's stay, and that certainly took away from the serenity of this beautiful place. However, we would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Beautiful sites, seemingly recently upgraded. Stunning location if you like hiking. Florida Trail across road. We booked site by phone but later found it is easier to use the on-line reservation system as parks are very crowded at this time of year. We would have liked to stay longer. Immaculate level spacious sites. Need your own Internet access. Would have loved to stay here longer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Blackwater River State Park

yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
The hosts of this park were so nice and people were very friendly. It looked as if there were several full timers, but everything was very clean and it was an easy in and easy out. I stayed two days. WiFi wasn't working the first day, but the second day it was and was lightning fast. They offered to return the $1 they charge per day for internet, but I declined. There were only two restrooms in the whole site, but they were neat and clean. My site was gravel and I had no problem with that. Some of the other sites are concrete. It's away from the interstate, so no noise there. Nice place to watch the stars in the evening. I got a few bucks discount for Good Sam. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Easy in and out from I-10. Well laid out and pride of ownership is evident. All pull throughs 35 ft x 100 ft and either grass or gravel. Cell, TV excellent. Nice laundry and book exchange. Would have been rated nine except there are no trees except around the perimeter. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was a pleasant surprise. We were making good time so decided to go further than we had planned. My wife found this park on RV Parky on the phone. Nice long gravel pad pull-thrus. There is grass at both ends of the sites but they are very solid. Park was very clean. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Eagles Landing RV Park

question  question  question  yes  no  no  question  question  question  question
Nice park for overnight stay. Not too far off I-10. All sites are sand and grass and fairly level. No TV reception or cell reception. They do offer free Wi-Fi and it was fairly strong. They say when you log in that you have only 15 minutes, but never had a problem being on a little longer. Lady in the office was very nice. Would stay again. We stayed in a 35 foot RV with slides and a TOAD. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Perfectly located between Mobile, AL and Tallahassee, FL, this park is just off of I-10. All sites seem relatively level, with mostly pull-throughs and some back-ins. It's probably an older park, but it makes up for that with the friendly and accommodating staff. We used our Passport America discount and were only charged $15.00. However, they only take cash or checks, no credit cards, but an ATM machine is located in the office. Very friendly and convenient. We were back on the Interstate in less than 5 minutes. Our rig is 38' long. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
January 2014
We used this park as an overnight stop while traveling I-10. Park is just a short drive (approx. 1 mile) off the interstate and was very quiet. Roads are sand/gravel as well as the sites which were all level, long, full hook pull throughs. Rate is with Passport America discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rivers Edge R.V. Campground