Nearby Orange City, Florida (Air Miles)
I-4 Exit 111B
2400 Veterans Memorial Pky
Blue Spring State Park
Orange City Rv Resort
"Elks - E,W - New Listing, 150 S Clara Ave, 386-734-0292"
Pondo's
Stetson University
1470 N Woodland Blvd
Lake Woodruff National
1998 State Rd 44
Wekiva Falls
3653 Orlando Dr
Deleon Springs State R
Rest Area On Fl I-4 At Mile Marker 94 Unverified.
Astor Landing
Intnt'L Rv Park
Florida
Orange City
Orange City RV Resort
2014-07-13 18:21:58
Orange City, Florida
February 2014

question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
February 2014
This is an older Florida State Park, and it shows it. Although sites are well separated, they are also eroded and it is difficult to find level parking within the site. Our friends who volunteer here say they are going to remove or renovate shower houses, which are poorly located and old, but clean. Handicap sites are to be added. TV and MiFi perform well since we are very near a cosmopolitan area. The springs part of the park has been modernized, since many people day trip to see the manatees. Boardwalks and viewing platforms are numerous. Many manatees enter the park in winter for the consistent 72* clear water. Ranger programs and river cruises are available for information. We might return after improvements are made. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Paved roads around the campground. Very easy to park and setup. We purposely went in January, so that we could see the Manatee. We were not disappoint. One morning, during our 5 night stay, we were able to see over 300. There is a great paved trail from the campground to the springhead. Also, we took the boat ride and the ranger was fantastic in his explanations. The only reason I gave this park a 9 is because the Ladies Shower House and no hot water. This wouldn't be a problem in the summer. During the Winter, be prepared to wait about 30 minutes to get into the park, because of the line of folks wanting to get in to see the manatee. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
It is clean, but there isn't much wow factor for being a state park. There is a spring which flows into the river, and manatees do spend the winters there, we're told. You can float in the upper part of the spring run. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Blue Spring State Park
November 2013

yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
November 2013
Rate reflects Passport America rate. Cons:roads in the campground are narrow and tight, the pool was not cleaned and the wifi was erratic. However, folks were friendly, the sites are reasonably level and shady. We spent a week, went to a couple of ice cream socials and had interesting conversations with the owner, Lewis. Clean up the leaves and clean the pool and I would give it an 8. It is a campground, not an RV resort. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2013
OK access for a 40 foot, could be better. I had to replace my transfer switch after plugging in; I don't know if it was the park or me. 30amp worked fine and so did the generator, so it was only when I was plugged into the 50amp outlet. I would look for another location when in this area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Cleanest restrooms we have seen at any campground! They had great activities planned that were family orientated and quiet. Only down side was the pool needed cleaning and the year round (rental?) occupants lodging (house/campers). They were dirty, overgrown shrubs/trees/plants and unsightly. Thankfully they are on the outskirts of the campground, up on the hill away from the general camping area. I would highly recommend staying here! Sight 8 for E&W, no Sewer, was the perfect spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Clark Family Campground

question  no  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
question  no  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
I agree with most all of the negative comments left by other reviewers. The water pressure was awful!! I spoke to the manager and she acted surprised to hear about it. That was obviously insincere as other reviewers had complained prior to me. There were permanent MH sites which looked rundown mixed in with us RVers. We only stayed one night on a long trip back home. We would only stay again if we had no other choice in the area. As PA members we paid half price which was the upside to our stay. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014
Stayed here during our International Rally. Site was a back in and was taken to the site from the wrong direction. It's hard to back 39 footer in, water pressure terrible, and WiFi even worst. Had to use my pump to take showers and wash dishes. Complained twice but just excuses. Site next to me the same and others throughout complained. Place overloaded with park models. Campers squeezed between these units. Residents there were rude. Will not stay there again. Need to drop the "Resort" off their logo. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Suited our purpose. Our Pug was in the Deland Animal Hospital and this was a close, very nice park, that wasn't too expensive. That being said, rate is Passport America, which is supposed to be 50% of the daily rate. We were told they take half of the "premium" rate, then add the $5 resort fee. Daily rate for a standard site is $34, which to me should have been $17 PA rate. This is the only PA park that we have been to that has figured out a way to get more than 50%. We ended up staying a week and paid $190 instead of $154 like we had figured on. Pool and hot tub were wonderful! Even though the park is right next to I-4, there was no traffic noise, no trains or planes either, yea. We checked out the comfort stations and chose to use our own facilities, I don't like the thought of "group" showers at my age. We would stay again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Orange City RV Resort