Nearby Saint Cloud, Florida (Air Miles)
Lake Toho
Saint Cloud, Florida
January 2013

yes (River)
January 2013
I only stayed two days although paid two weeks in advance. It is definitely not a resort. It is a trailer/RV park. I started to stay in the electric water area because supposed to meet a camping club there the following week. Bathrooms were broken and overflowing and the ground was so soft the RV was sinking in ground. Permanent people there that have RVs just started building structures around them. Very trashy. The only other two RVs in that area that were temporary like me had owners tell me one had wood stolen from the side of the RV and the other had their chairs taken and found teenagers that lived at the RV park took them to a campfire for a loud drinking party nearby. Moved to paved site with sewer at other side of campground for the next night. I asked a neighbor if safe there after I had already set up and she told me about a ton of bad stuff that just happened in last two weeks. They rent RVs out there and have several evictions and break-ins. She said money, food, golf cart, clothes, etc. stolen. Decided to stay the night since it was late and already set up. The next morning the lock was picked to my kayak. It was only still there because I had another double lock. I packed up within an hour and headed to another campground. My son and I were scared to stay there any longer. Campground did give a refund for the rest of the time. The neighbor who told me all the bad stuff said management was angry with her for telling me all that as I was packing up. Oh, and someone followed my truck in one day. Took 5 turns and going around in circles through RV park to get rid of them. They followed us in through the exit since there is no gate there. Only a security gate on entrance side. Freaked my son and me out. Worse place I ever stayed at. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2009

October 2009
This campground is mainly for snowbirds who have permanent sites. They do have a few sites available for overnight campers but the sites are at the entrance to the park. The sites are not level and we could not get our rig as level as we wanted it to be. The sites are grass with a concrete slab but no table. However, this park is on Lake Tohopekaliga and the views are gorgeous. It has a boat ramp, boat rentals and air boat rides for a fee. The overnight sites do not face the lake but they do face a pond which has two alligators to keep you company. Pets are more than welcome but keep them leashed because of the alligators. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.