206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby St. Marks, Florida (Air Miles)
Wakulla Springs State P

1   9   6   7
no  yes  no  yes
no  yes  no  yes
January 2012
Let me review what you get for $35/night, no discounts available. The most distant site from the highway is about 200' and the road noise can get noisy. The power, water, and sewer are all on the right side of the coach if you back in. The sites are not level. The road in is tight and getting into the sites requires a delicate touch, the same with getting out. The showers were filthily. You could see where they started the battle against the mold and gave up. The water from the shower went every where but down the drain and if you used your imagination you could say the shower was vaguely warm. Toilets (see showers) On the plus side the host was pleasant but they only arrived the day before we did. I have been full timing for 3 yrs now and this place gets the award for the "way overpriced for what you get" and comes in first in the most disgusting shower I've ever been in. The only reason I could see that they are charging that much is to pay the light bill on all the street lights in the CG that light it up like day light. My advice don't even slow down if happen to drive by. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2011
This is a small, rustic county campground on the St. Marks River. Lots of kayakers and fisherman. It is clean, quiet and convenient. We had a mechanical issue with our RV and the Park Manager went out of his way to help us find a qualified RV mechanic. Our two day stay was very pleasant. We highly recommend this park for families and outdoor activities. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2011
People visiting St. Mark's National Wildlife Refuge would do well to choose this park, since it is the closest one to the Refuge, the next closest is 20 minutes farther away. The Good: friendly park manager, well-run park in that it is quiet and we saw both county sheriff and State police roll through. (I hope that doesn't mean they had a reason to be on the lookout). We thought December was a great month to visit, no bugs, not freezing yet and low tourist count. However we were lucky to get a spot because hunters and kayakers come in droves. We got the last spot and it was a tight fit even for our narrow van to back into a 50 amp site. Had to borrow a 30 amp converter from the manager. We wondered how rowdy a hunters group would be, but they are quieter than anyone we've ever seen. These aren't wealthy recreational hunters out for a boys weekend, more like hunting to feed their family. We got up twice at 5;45AM to photograph sunrise at the lighthouse and they were already gone silently. The Bad and Ugly: Horrible washrooms. I think they were built too low and look like they get flooded and not cleaned up. I showed my husband photos of the ladies and he said the men's looked the same. He showered, but but I could not bring myself to undress there. Unheated. Brrrr. Would we go to this park again? You betcha, bad washrooms and all. St. Mark's is fantastic. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Newport Campground