Nearby Greensboro, Georgia (Air Miles)
Reynolds Plantation
Greensboro
Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee
2014-08-10 22:40:09
Greensboro, Georgia

question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  question
question  question  question  question  no  question  question  question  question  question
We were very disappointed with this campground. We arrived at 4 p.m. on a Sunday and the office was closed and the security shack was not manned. If another camper had not come by and told us to look in the mailbox for our packet, we would not have gotten past the gate. We were Coast-to-Coast guests and the site we were given was small and very unlevel in an area with several other rigs almost shoulder-to-shoulder while there were many vacant sites closer to the lake. The entire park had a run-down appearance. We will not be returning to this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Northshore uses a railroad-theme in its campground;"cute idea." They have 2 pools, lake access and both family and adult activities, mostly on weekends. The park seemed 'old', not all roads/site were paved. The main road is a steep hill to navigate and could be difficult for the disabled. People were friendly, but this park seems to cater to more 'permanent' RVers because many of the sites were occupied with long-term setups and there are no lakefront sites available due to permanent homes. Park needs some work and updating before we'd return; they'll be happy to 'sell' you a spot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
$1.0
Spent Memorial day weekend there for free incentive from our RV dealership. The $50 check the timeshare people (Ocean Canyon Properties) provided din't even come close to making the place any better. We were not there for 5 hours had a dog running on our deck then another small child, we have a Rot that goes camping with us and was on the deck of our site on her leash. A little after 10:00 PM teenager comes running between my chair on our sites deck and my awning about tripping over the dog. Sites are stacked one on another, not very level sewer problems, rules were 1 vehicle per site most sites had 3 plus had multiple vehciles park in front of my site blocking us in. Golf carts up and down the road all day/night vehciles not following the directions sighs on the roads. This is a member's only resort count me out. Next morning at 9:00 AM had our strong arm membership sale from Ocean Canyon properties 3 minutes in very rude and strong arming. I let him know right then and there did not like the camping and why. Still pressed on with his sales pitch 90 minutes turned in to 2 hrs. 13,000 plus for a lifetime membership plus just shy of $400.00 yearly dues. It was al I could do but laugh. Run from this CampGround and OCP. See BBB rating here thankful they paid me for an unpleasent experiance instaed of the other way around. http://www.bbb.org/shreveport/​business-reviews/​real-estate-management/​ocean-canyon-properties-in-tex We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Northshore Resort at Lake Oconee
July 2008

8   9   10   8   8
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
July 2008
First of all the Camp Hosts were incredible! Also the groundskeepers were very accommodating. They sprayed our camper down because we had a problem with ants. I saw plenty of deer and foxes. I did not enjoy the campsite we had because it was not on the water and not scenic at all. It was like a red clay and asphalt parking lot. Those sites are not recommended. I will be camping on the water in coming weeks. The beach was clean! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2008
Park itself was beautiful. Park manager followed me in his golf cart in the evening to ask why I was walking so far from my site-- perhaps I wasn't supposed to be walking in the park after a certain hour?? Met a very friendly camp hostess who helped rid my rig of sugar ants that had invaded overnight. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2006
Very nice. Lots of room on the sites, and all the sites are very well maintained. It has a nice beach and a playground for the kids. We have been there a number of times, and will gladly camp there again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Old Salem Public Recreation Area
June 2011

8   1   7   7
yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question
June 2011
Georgia Power campgrounds as a rule are very nice and well run. This park is no exception. You must call for reservations, not available online. Check them out! We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
Not able to stay as we hoped as this park was closed in October when we got there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2008
Georgia Power Lake and can obtain reservation information from their web site. Only about 5 miles south of Interstate 20. Walking distance to the beach and nice playground. Washer/dryer located at bath house, but didn't use them. I will camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Parks Ferry Recreation Area at Lake Oconee