Nearby Lake Lanier Islands, Georgia (Air Miles)
Hilton Lake Lanier Island
Sams Club?I-85:115 3383 Buford Dr (Located To Street)
3795 Buford Dr
Renaissance Pineisle Res
Breezes
Rest Area On Ga I-85 At Mile Marker 113 Unverified.
3245 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd
1500 Marketplace Blvd
630 Collins Hill Rd
Sams Club?I-985:16 313 Frontage Rd (Located To Street)
2635 Pleasant Hill Rd
2013-09-04 13:32:49
Lake Lanier Islands, Georgia

no  no  no  yes  yes  question  no  question  yes  yes
no  no  no  yes  yes  question  no  question  yes  yes
It disheartening that not much has changed at this campground since the last posting on this website almost a year ago. I had driven through this campground previously on trips to the water park and promised my self that I will never camp here. Unfortunately I had to change my decision because I planned to use the site to take my children to the water park and also witness the July 4th fireworks display at the beach area. So I thought I knew what to expect. Like the last two posts mentioned, the sites are not level at all. In fact, my RV experienced leakage because we couldn't secure a perfect level even though we went to town to obtain more planks to level the RV. The roads are not only narrow but really need major repairs because pots holes abound. It could be argued that the restrooms are not clean because they need urgent make over. Several of the camp sites don't make sense why they should be located where they are. If consideration was given, there should have been fewer sites to make room for roads or nature. My concern for this campground stems from the fact that the resort boasts a huge potential with so many fun activities around the campground. This site should be updated to attract more campers, especially those with children. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
This campground is awful and is in need of maintenance. They charge you an additional $10 resort fee to get in the gate, but I didn't feel like I was in a resort. The pads are gravel and are not level. The cross ties that were used to retain the gravel on the pads are wasting away and a lot of them are just missing. The site has no level area for the picnic table and most of them were still covered with trash from previous campers. We had beer bottles, ice bags, food cans and other misc items scattered around our site and in our fire pit, which is just a circle of rocks. The grill had not been cleaned. The ashes were piled up inside the grill and all around the base. The grill on the site next to us was lying on the ground. The whole post had fallen over. The beach area on our site and along the the other sites beside us was littered with beer bottles and more trash. The bath houses are over run by spiders and insects. The windows were completely covered by webs and dead insects. The walls in the showers were molding and the corners were covered in spider webs. The dump station is a tight squeeze for longer vehicles. The trees are growing up at the edge of the driveway and make it very difficult to get in to. There was trash all over the ground. It was not new trash. My overall experience in this campground was poor. The only bright spot is that the lake views are great and the premium sites are right on the water. The $43 a night fee plus the $10 gate fee makes this a $100 campsite for a weekend. We stay at other campgrounds on Lake Lanier for $60 a weekend that put this place to shame. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
My husband and I were quite disappointed with this campground. From the time he pulled into the camp area until the moment after he pulled away from the dump site on our way home he was not happy. The roads were a little tight for our 37ft camper, which was not that big of a deal, but the site was terribly unlevel. Even after doing the best he could, we still were leaning towards the front of the site and the lake. There were many tree roots exposed in the "pad" area along with ruts. The wood retaining wall that separated the pad from the hill to the lake was mostly deteriorated, with exposed rebar poking up. In fact, my 3 year old daughter was playing on the pad area, tripped and fell down, face first, inches from a piece of rebar that could have seriously injured her had she landed on it. We could never quite find a level place for the picnic table; drinks, food, etc. were always sliding off. As other reviewers have mentioned, the site was full of trash when we got there. Beer bottles, cigarette butts, even a tampon applicator. Then there was the bathhouse. Although we have a bathroom on board, with 4 kids and 2 adults we use the bath house as to not fill our grey water tank... The ladies room was so dirty my daughter walked in and then right back out. My husband reported that the men's room was full of mold, mildew growing on the walls, spiders, and racial slurs and other inappropriate content etched into the stalls. He also mentioned that only 2 out of 4 lights were functioning as well. After climbing the "steps" to the bath house, of which several were missing and others were in need of repair, all of my family members who had gone wished that they had not. The dump station was atrocious as well. It looked like it had not been cleaned all season. There was old trash (sun faded) scattered all about. Just very unkept, overall. We had high hopes for this experience, especially since this would have been a fun location for the kids during the waterpark season, but we will not return. The fees are $10/night more than other better maintained facilities plus there is the resort fee. This was just not worth the money. Had it been clean, and well kept I would have been OK with the price. Bottom line, this facility needs some serious TLC It was an absolute shame the condition this place was in. I will say though, that the office staff when booking was most helpful and very personable. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lake Lanier Islands Campground