Nearby Mcdonough, Georgia (Air Miles)
135 Willow Lane
Sams Club?I-75:221 1765 Jonesboro Rd (Located To Block)
5600 N Henry Blvd
Mcdonough
Atlanta South RV Resort
2014-06-30 19:36:49
Mcdonough, Georgia

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  question  yes
yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
We chose this campground because it is close to the airport (about 20 minutes without traffic). Not only was it very clean with lots for kids to do, they also provided a shuttle service to/from the Atlanta airport. Many thanks go out to the chauffeur for accommodating us. More about the sites... everything was very nice & quiet. The trees were beautiful and bathrooms very clean. I would HIGHLY recommend this campsite without hesitation. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Coming into Atlanta, one is limited on choices of where to stay, so we chose what appears to be the closest to the city center. We wish we had read the reviews on this place before making a decision. The place is an absolute pit. We have stayed at some pretty nasty RV parks on our trip, but this one takes the cake. There are 5th wheels and RVs permanently docked here that are literally falling apart. The grounds are absolutely awful. The sites are so cramped there is no room for anything but your rig (questionable if you have multiple slides), and the roads are so narrow. This place is so run down it is pathetic. The majority of the sites that we see appear to be very run down, long-time units that we suspect could not move from their spaces if they had to. Internet is terrible, and the worst part is the city is doing all kinds of road construction, so they have temporary streets and confusing detours that make just getting to this horrible place absolutely frustrating. The only nice thing we can say about this place is the front desk person was very helpful getting us to the park over the phone, and was very nice when we checked in. Oh, one other fun thing. Their 30 amp service is on a 20 amp breaker (at least it is in our space), so the circuit keeps blowing. Good thing is we were able to switch to the 50 amp circuit. If you are coming to Atlanta, don't make the same mistake we did. Find another park to stay at and avoid this pit at any cost. This place is filthy, run-down, unkempt, and disgusting. Oh, they also want to charge you 15 bucks if you want to wash your rig. For a place that is such a cesspool to begin with, that is absolutely ridiculous! We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is my second visit to this park. I visited last year for couple of nights. Comparing to previous visit, park looks like very clean. Bathhouse is also cleaner. Pool looks great and crystal clean. I never get any problem with this park during my both visits. Staff is very helpful and very friendly. Both times they escort me to my site and help me for hookups. I read few reviews on this web site but looks like whatever they said is not 100% correct. Yes, site is narrow but park management can not do any thing on this. There are people who are staying months and months but doing business in Atlanta area. I always talk to people when I stayed at any park. Why should I worried if people staying months and months. I heard that park is now under new management and doing great job to keep the park clean. I will definitely come back again some time in end of August. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Atlanta South RV Resort