206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Omaha, Georgia (Air Miles)
Providence Canyon State
Florence Marina State Park
2013-11-12 04:12:14
Omaha, Georgia
November 2013

yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  no  yes  yes  yes
November 2013
The guy who checked us in was a friendly guy who could have been in a movie...smooth fellow. He said we had selected the best park in Georgia for our stay and he was probably right. I have not stayed in many Georgia parks, but it was as good as any park I have been in. If they had WiFi and were closer to a store or restaurant, I would have rated them a 10. The cable TV was excellent. They have many pull-thru spaces and I had many to choose from. Providence Canyon is only about a 10 minute drive away. I highly recommend the trek. The marina that was part of the park looked really good, but I did not have my boat with me. Two guys came in near me who had a 30' travel trailer and a pontoon boat in tow behind it...never seen that much in tow before. They had plenty of room for both and the tow truck in their pull-thru camping space. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a beautiful campground in a lovely wooded area. The sites are large and well spaced. We camped here all summer because we were in the area on business. It is very well maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It does not get much use and on most nights there were only a few campers in the campground. It is located on a large lake with a fishing pier and marina. There is also a nice playground and putt-putt golf. It is in a remote area and is very peaceful. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This park overall was pretty nice. Great fishing, great photo ops! Staff and host were very friendly! The grass was excessively high! They began cutting the day we were leaving because July 4th was that week. They had a pool, but it was covered and locked up. Don't know why. You could not swim in the lake, because it had lots of alligators. Planning on staying in one of their cabins next year and bringing a bass boat though! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Florence Marina State Park