Nearby Richmond Hill, Georgia (Air Miles)
Roberts Truck Center 15 2 0
7805 Abercorn St
Southbridge Golf Club
Wormsloe State Historic
Bacon Park Golf Course
Sams Club?I-516:3 3609-A Ogeechee (Located To Block)
Elizabeth On 37Th
March 2014

yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
March 2014
I was planning on a no-frills space and that is what I found. We stayed here for one night as we were passing through. The site was spacious, but there was no pad or gravel so we parked the RV on the dirt. I let the toddlers and our dog run around until the bugs started to attack, then we pulled back into the RV where we watched bug after bug try to break in over the next few hours. I had only expected Electric hookups, but was surprised to find a water faucet. Not surprisingly the water pressure was next to none. A spilled glass of milk has more water pressure than the faucet here, but hey, it was a bonus right? The cost to stay here was $30 a night, which seemed a bit steep but acceptable. The other surprise we found was that GA state parks charge a 'car pass', which is $5 per visit. If you are staying here a week, its $5 which helps spread the cost. In our case, it was one night making our nightly total $35, which is what some regular RV campgrounds charge. I cannot really knock this place though, it was beautiful and quiet. I did enjoy our stay, sans the bugs. Would I recommend this park? Yes. Would we come back? Yes, probably . We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
The site we had was very big with a great view of the marsh. We only stayed one night as we were travelling through so I'm not sure about all the amenities. The camp host was very helpful, coming out to show me where the waste cans were when she saw me wandering around with a bag of garbage! We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Nice campground. Use as an overnight stop going/returning from Florida. Some big pull-through sites. Best navigated during daylight hours although we use after hours check-in with the friendly host. Dirt sites and roads, some narrow with low tree branches. No clear sky for satellite reception. Got AT&T cellphone service OK. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fort McAllister State Park

question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Stayed here for 3 nights in a 39 ft rig. Sites are too narrow. We were put on a pull-through in full sun. Had a problem parking truck to be out of others way. One-nighters were given shaded sites, which did not sit well. Only positive thing is extended stay campers were in the back part of campground. That said, the only way in and out was by our site. Very noisy starting around 5 every morning. Last day at KOA, a long motor home parked next to us and noticed our light were flickering from lack of power. Did not flicker prior to this. Typical KOA, good for one nighters and that's about all. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Stayed here for a few days due to the closeness to Savannah. We really enjoyed the lovely swans in the lake, along with other waterfowl. There were over 20 wood storks that roosted by the lake in the trees at night, so that was very interesting. We were in site 27 and it very narrow due to the trees, etc but most sites were well sized. All the utilities were great. We used the laundry and were pleased with the efficiency of the equipment and the cost - $1.25 per washer load, $.50 to dry a load. Staff were super friendly. The store is well stocked with Savannah area goodies as well as RV supplies and food. The pool looked nice, though we didn't use it. There was a free pancake and sausage breakfast on Saturday when we were there and that was pleasant. Wi-Fi worked better than average for campgrounds. They have good monthly rates, too! All in all, we were very pleased with the campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
A great park! Convenient to I-95 and downtown Savannah. Good Wi-Fi and cable TV. Nice town with anything you need nearby. I would recommend this park for stop over along I-95 or just to come and visit the sights of Savannah. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Savannah South KOA
2004

yes (River)
1   9   3
question  yes  no
question  yes  no
2004
I wanted to post this as a precaution to anyone who may want to cancel reservations at this park. I had made reservations for a week in July. After making the reservations, we had an after thought to see if campfires were permitted. I called, they told me not on the sites, we would have to go to a general gathering area where they have a firepit. I discussed with my husband and we decided to cancel. I called Saturday, before the cancellation deadline and a gentleman was very nice and told me he would leave a note for the manager. I checked my Visa and was charged one night camping. When I called the manager she told me she would have to check her records and call me back. It appears he didn't give her the message until a day later (Sunday) which would have put us past the 36 hour deadline. She basically, told us her staff wouldn't lie about when we called. They appear to have a manual system for reservations/cancellations. Make sure you get some type of confirmation or proof of cancellation. We could of actually sent our cell phone log, for proof of when we called. But, we chalked it up to a lesson well learned. I've never encounter a campground, basically calling us a liar. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2003
I am working in the area for 4 months. I originally made reservations for this campground but was unable to find the site the day I arrived. I was short on time and chose to park my camper at Bellaire Woods down the road. I left a message for the owner and he returned my call. I let him know I had not been able to find his campground so I chose to stay somewhere else because of time constraints. I had actually talked to him the previous day to make my reservation and he was full of monthly's but would make room for me. So I knew he had gone to some effort for me and I felt badly about not making it to his park. He was very gracious and requested that I give him a call if I later decided I might like to move sites. Well Bellaire Woods was a nightmare, so I am now here at Waterway. Am extremely, extremely, (Yes, I meant to type that twice) happy to be among polite company once again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2003
Very difficult to navigate into spots with a larger rig. Ours is only 311/2ft fiver and it was very hard. Sewage problems the whole time we were there despite repeated requests to attend to the problems. Electricity is a whopping 0.13 cents per KWH if you stay monthly and it adds up, believe me! NO WATER pressure. Unable to use laundry because of soap left in clothes.No good laundromats nearby. Many residents occupy the river sites. Nothing more than a trailer park. We will never return to this place which always smells like a sewer. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.