220650 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Gowen Army National Guard Post, Idaho (Air Miles)
Boise Municipal Airport
Terteling Hot Springs 106
Bogus Basin Ski Resort
Idaho
Gowen Army National Guard Post
Gowen Field Campground (Military Camping Only)
2013-11-09 15:07:49
Gowen Army National Guard Post, Idaho
November 2013

10   7   9
yes  question  question
question  question  question
November 2013
This was our first stop on a trip from Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA to my new duty station at Fort Campbell, KY. Truly a wonderful find! At only $10.00 per night you get full hookup in a secured area, Air Force Security Forces man the gates, free laundry, access to a small Post Exchange, and just an overall nice place to stay. I made reservations, hard to come by for military camps as many are first come first serve. The lady was very courteous on the phone and related they would leave the keys to the power box on my site, site "F" if we were going to be a late arrival. We rolled in close to 2300 (11 PM for your military types) and there was a young, sharp Airman manning the front gate who within 30 seconds, checked our ID's (required to get on base) and had us on our way. The base itself is quite small when compared to Active Duty installations. This was very helpful though as we navigated the streets to the campground at night. As mentioned in a previous review, the campground is not a resort but provides concrete pads (ours was cracked on the back end) but leveling was not a problem as we were only staying the night and remained hooked up to the truck. I was able to place my 2011 F150 6.5 SuperCrew and Jayco 29QBH on the site without sticking out in the road. This did require backing up the absolute max distance. Hook ups are well maintained and sites are clean. Exercise field with a pavilion were close by as was a fitness center. Nice open field allowed me to run my dogs (with poop bags at the ready of course). Overall this would be a great place to stay to explore the area and the price simply cannot be beat. Very thankful for this benefit of being a Service Member. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I rated this place pretty high because of the price ($10) for full hookups and the fact there is free laundry and close access to the fitness center. This has been a very good stop over for us for a week. My WiFi/internet and satellite TV worked well here. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we made the reservations and checked in. I was able to wash and wax my RV which was nice. The full hookups included concrete pad. The campground/parking is on the edge of the compound and is what I would call a modest facility. But it works for us and we would come here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
A great place to stay while visiting the Boise area. A small park on the National Guard Base on the South side of the airport, the seven sites all have concrete pads and paved access. The sites are short for big rigs, but there's plenty of room to extend into the asphalt parking area. Good hookups and a free laundry down the street. There's a fair amount of airport noise during the day, but it's fairly quiet at night. Easy access from I-84, and big rigs will have no problem accessing the main gate. Verizon cell and air card worked well. No internet or cable available, but clear shot to satellites and good broadcast TV. Reservations recommended since you will need to pick up a key for the power box, either at the billeting office or the main gate if after hours. A bargain location. We camped here in a Motorhome.