219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hayden, Idaho (Air Miles)
Dalton Ave
2014-07-09 16:09:48
Hayden, Idaho

yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
This is a nice tree filled RV park. Feels more like you're in a campground then an RV park. There are several pull through sites that are gravel, tho wide and long. We were in #2 and were under several trees (none bothering the slides) and had plenty of room for our 38' 5'er and F350 to park. The grass side lots are wide and green. But do be on the lookout for underground sprinklers, they do come on. Plenty of dog walking space, but no fenced dog run, which is fine for our old pooch. There are showers and bathrooms, which were clean but basic. There is a laundry, but only one washer and one dryer. Looked like they've been there for a long time, and getting them to work was spotty. The downside to this park is the noise. The RV park is nestled off I-90 amongst trees like mentioned, but the entrance is right behind a Mobile gas station//store which is used FREQUENTLY all day and all night. There are lots of cars, trucks, delivery trucks et al getting gas or groceries (which the store is convenient for the RV'ers). If you love jake brake noise, then you'll love it here. And there's train noise too - during the day and in the wee early hours. The staff while friendly appear like the RV park is more of an 2nd income to them and the store is bigger business. Helpful but not real knowledgeable of things in the park (for example when the washer didn't work, they had to wait until the owner came in the next day. And asking about the irrigation system when it came on -- they didn't know). There is WiFi but you have to ask for the password, but it's not that they won't give it to you, they just don't offer it up as they're waiting on customers in the store. But don't count on it for much - shuts off quite frequently. All in all we would stay here again if in the area. Although for this recently retired couple, coming to see Coeur d'Alene in the summer is a not-going-to-happen-again kind of trip. We'll pick another season. There are way too many people in CDA, the lake is packed with young kids (reminded us of "spring break" in the south). If you like that kind of scene then you'll love it here. For us it was just too many kids/people. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
DON'T give them a credit card over the phone!!! They have TERRIBLE record keeping! I cancelled my reservation 2 weeks before I left on my trip and when I got home, realized they had charged me anyway. When I called to talk to the manager about the problem, I was basically told too bad because I couldn't give a name of the man who cancelled my reservation. I would not recommend this place even as a last resort! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2012
Park was clean, quiet, sites were level and gravel, water pressure good, hookups were in good locations and easy to reach. Earlier reviews were negative toward management..our experience was positive in this area...polite, helpful, explained amenities completely, price to value is great..$26.95 Good Sam rate is a WAY better deal than Blackwell Island at $50+ per night...Park was well shaded (satellite may be affected). WiFi was weak but worked. Restroom use required a cash deposit for key (didn't need to use). There was an occasional train, but wasn't overwhelmingly noisy from this...traffic noise, the same. Silverwood and shopping are just minutes away...will definitely stay here again... We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Alpine Country Store & RV Park

6   9   8
question  question  yes
question  question  yes
August 2010
The actual name is Cedar Grove Dude Ranch Campground. I believe it is primarily for the people who are going to the dude ranch, as there is no signage except when you get to the main gate and you have to know about this campground and call for directions to be able to find it. There are only two pull throughs and the only way we could pull into them was to put the picnic table on the wrong side of the coach. The sites are narrow, with the slides out we were barely able to walk around the coach. The sites are separated by trees giving some privacy. We thought the price was high for what we got. No WiFi or sat TV reception. Would not camp here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2010
Very friendly owner who isn't shy to let you know he is a good Christian man. Park is off the main highway 1/2 mile paved and 1/4 mile good gravel packed road. Has full hook up sites however isn't designated an RV park but more of a campground. This means you can dump your holding tanks at your site sewer connection but you cannot keep it connected during your entire stay. Wasn't much inconvenience for us as we have 4-5 day dry camping ability. Convenient to the city 10 miles away (south) and approx. six miles to Farragut State Park. Very quiet at night. A few trains but mostly noticed them during the day. As noted by other reviewers, the biggest noise comes from the machine shop next door where they like to drop the bucket on the front end loader several times a day. This park accepts cash only so come prepared. We enjoyed our stay and would consider staying again when in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2009
I can’t say enough nice things about the owners of this campground—they are truly lovely people, and it was a pleasure to meet them. In addition, the campground is small and cozy. The setting is lovely—beautiful trees, nice gravel roads, and very private sites. The story of how we found this campground is a little convoluted. We needed to stay a couple of nights near Coeur D’Alene, and we were having trouble finding a reasonably priced campground. We called the Alpine Country Store in Hayden, but they were closed for the season and recommended this campground, which was just one-half mile away and inexpensively priced. I called the owners and reserved two nights, although they seemed a little surprised that we were calling out of the blue and asked how we’d heard of them. When our RV broke down, I called to tell them we wouldn’t be there until we could make some repairs. They were very concerned about our well-being and urged us to call whenever we could make it. After we made our repairs and arrived in Hayden the next night, they were thrilled to see us and happy that we were safe. On the downside, the campground roads are a little narrow and some of the spaces are a little tight. The bathrooms are small, and they don’t have laundry facilities. Our space was level and hard to back into, but there were much easier sites that we didn’t see because we arrived in the dark. This campground is in the middle of the country and down a dirt road, but, oddly enough, there is a noisy auto repair shop right next to it. We would happily stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.