Nearby Kellogg, Idaho (Air Miles)
Silver Mountain Ski And
Crystal Gold Mine RV Park
2013-07-08 21:55:06
Kellogg, Idaho
May 2013

no  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
no  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
May 2013
We pulled in and the campground is deserted. It is closed and there is a for sale sign out front. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
This park is not much. No full hookups. You have water and electric but no sewer. Have to use the dump site and they charge extra for that. No cable and to use the Wi-Fi you have to pay. This place would be OK if they still accepted Passport America, but they quit that last month. The people that run the park are real nice and in talking to them they said they were closing the park for good. This should happen soon from what they say. Would not stay here again We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2011
A little diamond in the rough is found in this small out of the way park. It is a beautiful area. It is within sight of freeway but not too noisy. A nice creek runs about 100 yards away. The "Trail of the Couer d'Alenes" also runs by - 60+ mile long paved bicycle trail. The manager and owner very welcoming. There are a couple of long term tenants but their sites are fairly well kept. We used Passport America for the discount. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Big Creek RV (Closed)
25+

no  question
no  question
You WILL get freeway noise if you stay here. However, I would grin and bear it, because the nearby (walking distance) tour of Crystal Mine is well worth the visit ($1 discount if you are a AAA member), and the price of a stay at the RV Park is reasonable. When you check in, they don't even make you fill out a registration form! The price I am showing is after taxes and Good Sam discount. By the way, the Good Sam/AAA discount is only $1. I said "no" to clean restrooms and showers" because...they don't have a bathhouse at this time. The manager told me that building a bathhouse is in the future plans. They mentioned that it would be a "coins needed" type of shower. Most of the sites have decent shade via a lot of trees. The sites are all back-in with a black top paved pad. Plenty of room for slides. You get just the basics here, water, electric, and sewer. Oh, the water hookup is shared. The faucets, which have double spouts on each, are placed every other site so one of you in the "pair" will have the water faucet on the wrong side. Since I was staying one night, I just filled up my tank and operated off that. I have a JACK TV antenna, and I couldn't get a thing on TV. To me, this RV park exists to serve the tourists who stop for the mine tour, so you wouldn't expect any "perms." However, about three of the sites looked like "perms" to me. There were NO signs directing the way to the park. The website says "easy I-90 access." HA! Not really. I had trouble finding it. Here is the scoop: If you are going east, take exit 51. If you are going west, take exit 54. Either way, you will have to get to just barely north of the freeway and travel along Silver Valley Road. (I was headed east, took exit 54 and had to double backward a couple miles.) I'm giving it a 7 because it looks like a cute little campground out in the woods. The mine tour is a MUST! We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
Great little park just off I-90, first exit after Kellogg heading East. Main business is the Gold Mine tour, they don't even talk about the RV park on their web site, just mention it is there. They are doing a lot of work to make the sites big rig friendly. We stayed in 45' rig and found the new sites asphalt paved, level and full coach length; others are gravel. Sites have decent separation on well maintained gravel roads, about four 50 amp sites the rest are 30 amp. Newer sites are wide and free of obstructions; we backed in. Clean. They have plans for pull-throughs eventually but not now. Full hookups. Very close to the freeway but not excessively noisy. Nice 71 mile paved bicycle trail across the road with lots of room for dogs to run free down by the river. Uncrowded when we stayed. Nice people, working to improve the park, interesting area and exhibits, and there is always the gold mine tour. A find for a quick overnight. Try it; I will again. We camped here in a Motorhome.