Nearby Rexburg, Idaho (Air Miles)
530 N 2Nd E
Beaver Dick Park
2014-08-14 19:02:46
Rexburg, Idaho

yes (River)
This park is a gem of a county park. Clean and hardly used. Excellent Verizon 4G. Easy to find. Very little road noise. Has 2 small playgrounds, covered BBQ areas and a boat ramp. Nice place to stop over for a night or a few days. Handy garbage cans at each site. Mostly for smaller rigs, but there are a few sites at the back that can handle larger rigs like ours (40ft). Big Plus - if you stay 5 nights the cost is only $15 (that's $3 per night). Plenty of shopping in Rexburg, 5 miles away. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

no  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
no  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes
Ok, where to begin...I will start by saying that their website is very misleading. Prices were different upon arrival. Parking spots were tight, semi level and not well maintained, and the supposed walking trail around the lake was almost non-existent. At least when we checked in, the girl at the front desk was "nice" enough to give us the website's monthly rate of $450, even though it is now $500. She just said, oh well, it's the owners fault for not changing the website. All she did was take our money and name, no phone number, no site number or check out day was recorded (this info is only recorded if you self register/pay after hours). Apparently, the park (and its website) recently changed ownership at the beginning of the year. Rainbow looks like it used to be a great park, but now the restrooms are not kept clean or stocked (hair, dirt, and paper constantly on the floor), weeds have overrun a lot of the RV sites. The sites are very tight and most people took up two sites. The trail around the lake is overrun with weeds (can't even walk 1/2 way around), and if you need help with anything - good luck finding genuine customer service here. We had a package delivered here and it was opened by management (even though it was also clearly marked with my name and site #). Then on top of that, since we were not at the park (gone for 3 days), they just left it under our RV and didn't even have the courtesy to tape it back up or leave us a note. When we asked about it, the girl at the office just said that the owner did it, you'll have to talk to him. We didn't even bother since we were leaving in a few days. Also, their laundry is the most expensive we've come across so far ($2 to wash and $2 more to dry). Oh, and Wi-Fi was only available within a 20 yard radius from the office (which covered about 3-5 of the sites). Overall, we would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
$28?
WOW!! nice location on pond. This is a work in progress. No hand towels or toilet paper in the only restroom. Barking dogs at the monthlies. The truck camper on the ground looks bad. Sites were missing the covers on the elect plug in. A nice young lady checked us in and after the office closed we never saw any management on-site. Fairly level gravel sites and roads. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Interior roads were large stones and dirt, not gravel. WiFi signal was not available. While the staff was friendly, they too were unavailable. While we made reservations back in January, the park is set up on a 'first come, first serve' self-registration basis. We were informed that this campground changed ownership the beginning of 2013. We will not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rainbow Lake RV Park

question  question  question  no  question  question  question  question  no  no
Not really Big Rig Friendly, the sites are on dirt in the sun, narrow, looking at a barn and a discarded washer. This is in PA book. No tables, no outside sitting. No one here when we got here. Called and was told which site to take. We planned to stay one night only, otherwise we would have pulled out. This RV Park seems to be an after thought of a farmer. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
No one was available to help me find my space for my big rig - It fit but it was very disconcerting. My door from my RV was about 4 feet or less from the next door neighbor. They said they had 50 ampere power but it was extra. There were no picnic type tables or any type of amenity like that available. I got the impression that the owner and his wife were not really interested in anything but getting their money. I told them that I was dissatisfied with the site and wanted to leave within five minutes of their arrival to my site. They were only interested in the money and made it very clear that they were going to charge me the full amount if I drove away. I should have done that and regret the fact that I didn't. I would not recommend this park to anyone. Pulling over to the side of the road would be better and save you the $23.00. I used my PPA. I really thought I was going to a great place when I read their website. Buyer beware! We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
We saw this park listed in Passport America and tried to call them before going. No answer! We decided to give it a try anyway, and it is definitely NOT a "big rig friendly" park. We managed to squeeze our 40' motorhome and tow car through the very narrow, rock- & tree-bordered roads. We did not see any site that would accommodate our rig. We found the exit and went elsewhere. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sheffield RV & Camping

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question
Large grass areas for every space, easy to maneuver with big rigs. Easy access off the 20. Plenty of shade for most of the spaces. Water pressure a little low, but adequate. Electrical & sewer fine. Camp host(Connie) very friendly and helpful. Be sure to visit the potato factory across from the CG and get your free bag of spuds! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Be sure you have Passport America if you stop here. There's no way this is worth $40. It's fine for a $20 overnight stop, with nice shade trees (not all sites) and good electric. Well water was smelly and the sewer was far away in our pull thru site, so we didn't use them. Got a few stations on antenna. Tiny bathroom/laundry bldg. Just one toilet and shower per gender. Bear World across the street is a fun stop and the best thing in Rexburg. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Agree with prior reviews. Still a Mom and Pop park. Nice and quiet when we visited at end of month. Wi-Fi isn't real strong in the area of the couple of 50 amp sites they have. Although we were able to log in with laptop, we couldn't get signal with iPad and phones. Our rate reflects a Passport America discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Thompson's RV Park