Nearby Mackinaw, Illinois (Air Miles)
Truck Centers 8003974292
Mackinaw, Illinois

8   7   2   9   6   2   10   7   10
yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
This is a nice campground. Pros: The grounds are well kept, there are two stocked ponds for fishing, hosts are friendly, bathrooms were very clean. There are many activities scheduled, such as bingo, fish feeding, and a country Opry show. This campground has two playground areas. One is average and the other one is fantastic! The entrance to the playground is a giant slide called 'Big Red.' The playground at the bottom of the slide is very nice. The campground was generally quiet during the day, and just about silent during quiet hours (10 p.m. - 8 a.m.) Cons: The area of the campground we were in had very, very, very small sites. There are really no attractions nearby. It was fine for a weekend, but any longer of a stay and we would have been bored. All in all, we were very pleased and plan on returning. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
This is a nice campground located about 25 miles from Peoria. It's an older facility, but well-maintained. Sites are level and roomy. There are quite a few seasonal campers here, but during our midweek stay we didn't see many people. The bathhouses are rustic and reasonably clean (not spotless). Off air TV reception is good and my Verizon 4G worked okay for a web connection. This property runs public country music shows every Saturday night during the summer, and since we're here at midweek I don't know what impact that has on the ambience of the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
We arrived at the CG on June 1. We had called a month in advance and ask if they could accommodate a 35' Motorhome pulling a trailer and they said they could. As soon as we arrived, the elderly lady at registration was rude and wanted to know if we had a reservation. I told her I did and that I had called a month ago. The lady told me, "Well, I don't think I can fit that big rig in the sites we have." I told her she had originally told me she could, all she could say was, "I don't think so but you can look." As she showed my husband the site she said she didn't think we could stay any longer than 3 nights even if we wanted to. The whole process was terrible and the staff was rude. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Kentuckiana Kampgound